Corsair Community

ON The RMA Fourm what is Ticket#/PostID

Ticket # from the email / phone techs, or your post # IF Ram Guy approves an RMA. Without approval, the RMA form will not go through.

Are you filling out the RMA form for your RMA that was approved from last April, or is this a new situation?

Can I fill out a RMA request fourm now.I did not know I had anything approved last April The last time I remember being on these fourms I was complaining that my Pc4000XMS would not do 500FSB but I just set it a default and left it alone and fogot about overclocking it.

I need a RMA for my 512mb of PC 3500C2XMS

The computer I have is my kids computer ,it had been working fine for at least a year or close to it ,it started not booting up every time and I would get a beep ,I would hit the reset and it would boot up and work fine until a couple of days ago when they turn it on and it just would beep ,I thought my CPU might be bad untill someone told me that my memory may be bad and to run memtest86,I put each stick in and ran the test and both of my 256mb of PC3500C2XMS ran and I had no errors but when I ran the 512mb of PC3500C2XMS I like to of never got it to boot up and when it did I ran the test and got over 200 errors.I had the settings at default when I install windows XP so I went in to the Bios and seen what the settigs are and the voltage is set at 2.5v and the timeing settings are 2.5-3-3-8 and I thought it was running 166FSB the same as the CPU but it was running at 200FSB so it was running asysnc but it had been working great for a long time untill now.

Someone said to turn up the Voltage to 2.75v but since it had been working fine for almost a year ,I do not want to take a chance and burn up my other two sticks of memory.

The memory module has CMX512 - 3500C2 XMS3502v1.1

XMS3500 512MB 433MHz CL2

My computer spec's

XP2800+

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe

1Gig PC 3500C2XMS

9800pro

onboard sound

Maxtor 60 + 40 gig

Creative 16x DVD

Samsung 40x CDBurner

Antec 430watt TruePower

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with these settings using http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

If you do still get errors I would suggest you submit the RMA request for all of your modules so the new modules match.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I just sent in the stick of ram,the 512mb of 3500C2 XMS in for RMA ,DO I need To send in the other two sticks of ram,the two 256mb 3500C2 XMS in for replacement because they all were the same version of 3500C2 with the same timeings of 2-3-2-6 and I see that 3500C2 XMS is not made no more, and if you have to send me a different kind,is'nt this going to cause me problems with my computer not booting up right if it has different speeds of ram in it ,or as long as it has the same timeings will it work.

Archived