Corsair Community

Bad stick: XMS3200 Twinx

Gollie

I took my computer to my local tech and he informed me that the reason my pc was acting up so terribly was because I have a failing stick of ram. I have a lifetime warranty on my ram (I believe) so I am just trying to follow the neccesary steps to getting my ram replaced. I have the Twinx Xms3200 1024 set. I am able to use one of them but the other is shot. Please tell me what I should do further remedy this problem.

Did he tell you how he tested them?

After replacing both the motherboard and the processor after I had motherboard posting issues (bios), they finally narrowed the problem down to the ram. I recieved a new MB and Processor out of the deal when there was nothing actually wrong with them. He took out the bad stick and everything ran fine. Now I am just slow as hell with 512 and not 1024, PLEASE HELP!

Did he try just the "bad" stick? Could be a bad slot. Either way, Ram Guy would have to approve the RMA form, and Corsair isn't open until Tuesday IIRC.

Both sticks were tried in all slots. It is definatly the one "bad" stick of ram. I will be happy to wait for RAM GUY to respond. :sunglasse Happy 4th

Archived