Corsair Community

AU13 and Value Select 512MB Module

Darin

I have a new stick of ram (VS512MB400), that refuses to work in my pc. I bought it at Newegg, and in order to RMA it, they want me to pay a restocking fee. I don't feel that that is fair. Is there anything I can do from the Corsair end? Can you send me a replacement that is compatible with my motherboard?

I've seen on other posts that this ram doesn't work in FIC AU13 boards. (Wish I'd seen this before buying... :[pouts: )

EDIT: The other memory slots in this board have XMS Extreme in them, and work great. I've tried the new stick with and without the XMS sticks in, and in different slots, and at higher voltage (2.6).

The other memory slots in this board have XMS Extreme in them, and work great. I've tried the new stick with and without the XMS sticks in, and in different slots, and at higher voltage (2.6).

You won't be able to run the XMS and VS together.

Too much of a difference in the IC's.

You won't be able to run the XMS and VS together.

Too much of a difference in the IC's.

I agree that what you say may be true, but I can't even run with the new stick in the motherboard alone.

If you have an XMS module. why would you want to try to run a VS stick by

itself?

Try clearing the CMOS.

To test it. To see if it works correctly. I didn't buy it planning on running it by itself. When I ran into problems running them together, I tried running it alone, to see if it was the problem, since it was the only change to the system.

Test one stick at a time using these settings (and memtest):

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8

memory voltage: 2.75 volts

all other settings to defaults.

Test one stick at a time using these settings (and memtest):

CAS Latency (tCL): 2.5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8

memory voltage: 2.75 volts

all other settings to defaults.

Tried this, and memtest doesn't show errors. But, everytime I login to windows, the machine resets.

I'm hoping I can send this stick to Corsair for replacement, and they might let me pay the difference in the cost of a matching XMS stick, because this one, while I don't think it's faulty, doesn't like my motherboard.

• Corsair Employees
We would be happy to replace the module for you but only for the same part# that you send in. I am sorry but we do not sell direct and would not have a way to do this transaction. But you can ask our customer service if there is any thing they can do to help you. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" And send them an email explaining the issue.

Archived