Corsair Community

CWC100 Water Cooling Kit. ?????

MmCheeto

Hello. I have been searching this forum for a few days and decided to register and ask up front. I just recently installed the CWC100 Water Cooling Kit in to my Antec case. I Decided to take the extra step and prind out the online manual and install the new kit to the letter. After checking and rechecking I have concluded that the product and its installation is both correct and working properly to my knowlage. The result is my Pent4 3.0gig that is set at a factory clock speed is operating at idle at 51cand running small apps at 54c. This seams quite high in my opinion considering that I see many people with the same seatup idleing in the mid to high 30s.

To feed a little background for you all. I am 25yrs of age and have been building computers from scratch sence I was 12. I also hold a hopy in salt water aquariums and to date have a 250gal tank in my living room with custom cooling and plumbing that has been touched only by me. In short I should know what im looking at but it seams that I am stumped. The pump is pumping at the recomended gal per hr and the hoses have no kinks. I have routed the hoses and placed the components for the least resistance and promote gravity feed. I am open to suggestions that might shed light on my problem. I have dismantled the entire rig 2 times and have found no problems as of yet. Im a little scared to run any apps or games on my PC as of yet cause I feal some melt down or some failure. Anyways. Thanks in advance.

MmCheeto

3 things come to mind

1)what mixture using with Cool, its 10% PG to DW

2)is all air locks removed from system

3)mounting WB is correct seated with thermal paste

would help if had some pic's of the setup also that is the ambiant there.

on air it ran 60c-70c not yo worry, setup in bios to shut down @65c

I think our Canadian friend was a wee bit tired when posting that, eheh. I think he was asking what's the ambient temp in the room? Also, I take it the PC and salt water tank aren't anywhere near each other, correct? I know those things can pump out a lot of heat (from the lights mainly).

Wired : The fish tank is on the oposite side of the house. You are correct that they generate alot of heat. It shows on the electric bill LOL :)

The Ambient temp of my house never exceds 72F all year and in fact one of my ducts tend to blow directly on the PC.

KaptCrunch : The mixture from DW to cool is 3parts DW to 1part Cool. If this is to be 10% cool then this may be a problem in my system sence I have 35%cool in it now.All air bubbles have been removed from the system. All air pathways have been opened in the case. The WB was removed about 4 times durring my testing but after each time the thermal paste (aka thermal poopy) was ether cleaned and reapplied or refreshed. As for pics I will work on that this afternoon for ya :) I dont supposed any older ones without the cooler would help any?

I did a few experements after making my post latsnight. I took off the WB and replaced it with the OEM fan and heatsink.I also reinstalled all 6 case and let them run to see what temps I would see. The CPU ran 60c to 65c. After this I removed the OEM fan/heatsink and reinstalled the WB with all the case fans still running. The CPU now runs 45c to 50c. This is how I have it currently just for safty sace. Allthough its displeasing to the eyes and ears it will do for the time till I can figure out how to further tweek things.

On a side note I noticed I had forgotten to install the rad box on the back. I had to use a fan adaptor and this acts like a radiator fan shroud. Could this also be a cause of restricted heat transfer? There seams to be plenty of air volume moving threw the adapter to the fan so I will leave it to suggestions at this point...

Thanks again.

Ok. I have reserched all day and have learned a few things.

1. The DW to Cool ratio is different everywhere I look. I have seen 1 part to 3parts DW , 1 to 4 parts or 10%. After serching many sites I have concluded in my situation a 10%Cool to DW is needed sence the ambient air in the case is 21 to 24c.

2. The Rad box in my situation has no effect sence I am using the fan addaptor witch allows enuff air volume to be processed threw the fan.

3. Sence the system is configured to use low pressure the amount of heat that can be moved from the cpu to the radiator is limited. This basicly means that sence I want to use a graphics card , mobo , and HD blocks this system will not be anywhere near as effective as it would with just the cpu block. "My fault I didnt think that one threw"

4. Using this system will not allow me to cut down on any of my case fans in its current setup without raising the temp by alot.

Conclusion:

The CWC100 is an awsome cooling system for thoes who wish to cool the CPU and possably an extra small block.It dosent generate hardly any noise and looks great. On the flip side it will not help much for moderate overclocking , added larger blocks or help reduce needed fans for the case.

Sence this is only my opinion my word on this means little. This is only results from my particular setup. Most people who decide to use liquid cooling have custom rigs and results on temps and performance will very. I think Corsair has made an outstanding product. Sence its a kit I feal I need to desing my own to reach the results I desire.

I thank KaptCrunch, and Wired for your help on the matter and wish you both the best.

ps: Fry's charges way to much for this @ $220.00 best price is online.

MmCheeto,

Just a few quick questions ...

What CPU do you have? Is it the Prescott?

and MOBO?

Some Prescott's run hotter in certain brands of MOBO's for some apparent reason. There are a few forums out there that have been addressing this issue and noting what MOBO's to stay away from.

Without OC'ing, the stock temps should be around 35C-40C. While under OC'ed conditions, 45C-50C.

There is one other thing to take note about with the cold-block, does it have a step on the base or not?

A booster fan off of the back side of the HX (rad) could benefit the cooling.

Stev

Ok. I have reserched all day and have learned a few things.

3. Sence the system is configured to use low pressure the amount of heat that can be moved from the cpu to the radiator is limited. This basicly means that sence I want to use a graphics card , mobo , and HD blocks this system will not be anywhere near as effective as it would with just the cpu block. "My fault I didnt think that one threw"

ur wrong on that for i got here CPU,GPU,NB and PSU water cooled

my temps are 27c ambiant with 41c loaded an idel 37c, mind you i got a 9 litres of fluid with 2 rads an larger rez buryied, with water temp 28c

(note using a manifold to manage the plumbing I/O)

Archived