Corsair Community

Help with overclock

Hi everyone, new to the forum, and overclocking as well.

I'm giving overclocking a shot, both with my 3200+ Winnie and my mem (Corsair XMS (TwinX1024-3200C2PT) 1GB (2x512)) as well. I've been trying to read up on it, and I think I get the basics, however, the memory part of overclocking is getting me. I'm just not sure what to do with my timings, how much voltage to run and what FSB I should run without killing my RAM. I'm not looking for an overkill in OC, just wanna get some more performance out of my rig. Right now, I've figured out that my Winnie can get up to 2.58MHz pretty stable, and I believe my mem got up to 215MHz, more or less. I've started to run tests, like OCCT, Prime95 and MemTest, but I think I could just use some direction in making an OC possible. As far as my CPU, if I can get an OC of 2.4GHz or higher, I'd be happy, so if someone could help me out with getting everything to run stable and notice an increase, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and i'm running on an A8N SLI Deluxe mobo, so if anyone has experience with OC on one, I'd really appreciate some help

well i think i have a pretty stable OC going right now..

going with 245MHz x 10.0 = 2450MHz for my CPU and memory is running at 204.5MHz at 2.5-3-3-7 @ 2T timings (Bank Cycle Time is 22 clocks and DRAM Idle Timer is 16 clocks) is there anything i can improve on my memory? i just ran Prime95 for over 7 hours with no problems, along with OCCT and SuperPi with no problems. just gotta run memtest to make sure my OC is stable. Do you think I can get better timings out of my memory at all? maybe 2-3-3-7 or something better?

The 3200C2's are'nt the best OC'ing RAM.

Like I said before, the IC's are the key.

The more you increase the frequency the more you'll have to relax the timings.

The stock SPD is 2-3-3-6 @ 400MHz

Do you think I can get better timings out of my memory at all? maybe 2-3-3-7 or something better?

The first setting to go would be the CAS Latency.

3-4-4-8 might give you some headroom.

The best OC'ing RAM would be the 3200XL's @ 2-2-2-5 @ 400MHz.

Or the 4400C25's which are DDR 550 @ 2.5-4-4-8.

yeah, i realized that they weren't great once i started to investigate overclocking...but i'm not really lookin for a lot out of them right now anyway...may try to upgrade to a better model later on when i have the $$, but for now, i just wanna make sure i have them at the right setting with the increase of about 5mhz that i have for them. was also wondering about the whole 1T vs 2T thing, should i change over to 1T for better performance, or will it not make much of a difference?

Archived