Corsair Community

Corsair TwinX1024 3200XLPT?????

Hi,

I just bought this ram 1 week ago and had a local pc store build my mahcine for me. And I was wondering what the standard voltage? Is it standard 2.6 or does it go to 2.75 automatically 2.2.2.5? I am a gamer and would like to get the best out of this memory for the money. I have a AMD 3700 San Diego, Asus A8N Sli Deluxe MOBO, no Ocing. I see in all magazines and stuff saying this runs easy on 2.75v at 2.2.2.5??? And if I set it to this do I VOID the warranty??? Please help...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I need to set the setting I guess manually for this card. I changed the voltage from 2.60 to 2.75, but does that change the setting to 2.2.2.5? Or do I have to change that somewhere too? Please help. I have a corsair 3200 XLPT, Amd 64 3700.

Thanks for the help guys...

You can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts with this MB.

I change the volts to 2.80, and Dram config set to AUTO, but I checked under sandra for the timming and it comes up as 2.5-3-3-3 2CMD ?? I play BF2 and would like very best porformance out of this memory. Looking at my MOBO user guide (A8N Sli Deluxe) DRAM Configuartion

Volts = 2.75 or 2.80 ???

Max Memclock which would be = 400MHz

1T/2T Memory Timing = ? which one???

CAS #latency Tcl 2.0,2.5,3.0 = ? which one???

RAS to CAS# delay Trcd 2,3,4,5,6,7 = ? which one???

Min RAS# active time Tras 5-15 = ? which one???

I would like the LATENCY of 2-2-2-5 or best for gaming? I really appreaciate your help RamGuy your great....

Volts = 2.75 or 2.80 ???
Either one is fine, as they are warrantied up to, but not over, 2.9 volts.

Max Memclock which would be = 400MHz
Correct, they are rated @ 200 Mhz (DDR400)

1T/2T Memory Timing = ? which one???
1T timing

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2

Row Precharge (tRP): 2

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5

All other settings to defaults.

Also, changing the voltage will in no way automatically change your timings for you.

Either one is fine, as they are warrantied up to, but not over, 2.9 volts.

Correct, they are rated @ 200 Mhz (DDR400)

1T timing

Also, changing the voltage will in no way automatically change your timings for you.

Here is what it comes up after the change 2.0,2,2,2 2 cmd?

can someone tell me without searching an hour thru the forum what each section of 2,2,2,2,5 is? I tried to change the setting all I would get is 2.0,2,2,2,2cmd????

• Corsair Employees
Dim Voltage: 2.75 Volts

1T timing

I am not sure what you are trying to ask, as Wired has gave you the specific settings. Can you be more specific as to what it is exactly that you want to know?

I am not sure what you are trying to ask, as Wired has gave you the specific settings. Can you be more specific as to what it is exactly that you want to know?

I put all of the settings as wired explained, after I am done. I check the setting on Sandra and it comes as 2.0,2,2,2,2cmd not 2.0,2,2,2,5cmd I notice when playing games I have tiny lag delay and a swhirl in the game that I see from afar then I get close to it blends in and goes away. I am not ocing the rig too. Here is my specs

AMD 3700 2.2Ghz San Diego

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE mobo

2 74gb WD Raptors raid (0)

1 BFG 7800GTX

CORSAIR 3200 XLPT

When I had the local pc store build this machine for me 1 month ago they said just put the memory setting to AUTO and it will give you the setting of 2,2,2,5, then I check it was only 2.5,3,3,5. SO I ask you and you said to change the voltage to 2.75 or 2.80 I did and still the same 2.5,3,3,5 so I manually changed the setting to what wired ask me to change it to and it comes up as 2.0,2,2,2,2cmd not 2.0,2,2,2,5cmd????? <----- I want that setting or is this setting better? 2.0,2,2,2,2cmd????that is my question.

You guys are so quick for your responses, I really appreciate your help...

Russ

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings and see if the performance does not improve.

Dim Voltage to +2.8 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

I bios setting for Asus A8N Sli Deluxe, you can only pick 2 setting. Manually or Auto settings. If I pick Auto setting I get a setting of 2.5-3-3-3 2cmd . I cannot pick a manual setting and change the other settings to auto like what you ask me to do above. If I pick the manual setting I have to pick each setting for each group. I thought this MOBO was big and I wouldnt have any troubles with it.

Archived