Corsair Community

Bad Stick of CMX256A-3200C2

Hello,

I have 4 sticks of CMX256A-3200C2 in my computer. The other day, my computer gave me some memory errors when using an application, I attempted to reboot. After restarting, the computer would not load Windows. I proceeded to use my Memtest86 boot CD to test the memory. I got a bunch of errors so I tested each stick individually to find the bad one or ones. All tested out good except for one. I would like to get this one replaced.

Stock voltage was used (2.6v) and memory timings were set by the SPD. All settings used were identical for each individual stick test. I am using an Abit IC7-G motherboard.

My computer is currently up and running using two of the good sticks (I left one out for now for dual channel operation).

Thanks,

Ryan

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules again with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And if you do find one failing I would suggest you get them all replaced so they match.

Hey

I set the DIMM voltage to 2.7v and the Memory timings to the recommened 6-3-3-2 found at the link your signature provided. I then retested all the modules. The one that caused errors at 2.6v and default memory timings caused errors once again.

I will fill out the RMA form as recommended.

Thanks,

Ryan

Archived