Corsair Community

Soltek SL-NF4Pro-939 & Corsair...

rondo

I couldn't find this anywhere else so I'll post this here for fun.

I am putting together, or trying to, a new PC.

Initially here is what I put together:

Athlon64 3000+ Venice

Soltek SL-NF4Pro-939

2x 1GB XXX DDR400 memory

Seagate 80GB SATA drive

Thermaltake 420 psu

Ok, got the os loaded (XP Pro) and to make a long story shorter, the system was rather unstable. A number of program errors and random crashes. After exhausting the drivers and everything, I do a memtestx86 on it and after the 8th test, I was around 1800 errors.

So, I wind up sending the memory back and instead got Corsair VS1GB400C3 sticks (2 of them) in their place.

Now, I can't get the system to even boot up. Neither stick. Post would be a long beep, a long pause, a long beep, a long pause...repeat repeat repeat.

Bios is the most recent one I can flash.

Just to test some more, I stick an old DDR266 corsair stick out of one of my older rigs and it boots up just fine.

I am starting to guess my MB is playing me for a fool but I wanted to at least ask this question before I go calling to Soltek.

Thanks

EDIT: Got email. Will reply with result.

• 3 weeks later...
Now, I can't get the system to even boot up. Neither stick. Post would be a long beep, a long pause, a long beep, a long pause...repeat repeat repeat.

Bios is the most recent one I can flash.

So what happened with the email, I'm having the same issue. I also put the memory in an older computer with an Asus mobo and it works wonderful. I have a feeling it's not compatible for some reason.

Well, since the RAM worked in another machine and was better quality, I used it in that one and purchased RAM that did work.

Would resetting it really change anything on a motherboard fresh out of the box? I guess it's too late now either way...thank you for replying though:)

• Corsair Employees
You should at least load setup defaults any time you make hardware or firmare changes to your system, and it's not uncommon to have to reset the bios when making major changes. But it's a mute point since you have them running in another system.

Understood, the point was the motherboard was brand spanking new out of the box, there are no defaults to revert back to. The RAM should work without any changes...so I am assuming the RAM is incompatible.

• Corsair Employees
In addition, with any new build you should go to bios setup and load setup defaults, if the system will not post sometimes clearing out the bios and or forcing a hardware reset will sometime solve that!

Archived