Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum w/TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT

davo1977

Can anyone help? I can't get my PC to boot using my Corsair XMS memory. It will only work with 'standard' memory. The memory works fine in a friend's lower performance system but the led's on the back point to memory detection test. When I boot using the standard memory and change the BIOS to the proper voltage and timings for the memory the system still won't boot and it won't work when I put the stanadard memory sticks in until I clear the CMOS. I have tried a different Harddrive, reverting back to onboard sound instead of the soundcard and with no optical drives connected. All the drivers are fully up-to-date and so are the graphics card and mobo BIOS's. While I'm using the PC with the 'standard' memory I get random reboots and the occasional BSOD Even with one stick of memory in (which it does one both sticks). And playing games and re-enoding video files normally terminate the program or just crash. Could this be a MOBO issue as I won't work with the XMS memory and constantly crashes and reboots with 'standard' memory?? And is TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT and a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MOBO compatible?

Welcome to the forums, davo1977!

Sorry, but you've bought the wrong memory. Your board DOES NOT support registered modules. The "R" in the model name denotes "registered".

You'd need TwinX1024-3200LL without the "RE" or "R" in the model name!

PLUR

CK

p.s. What system did you try them in? Was it a socket 940?

My board was a skt 939. I think more for fianancial reasons it would be cheaper to purchase a new MOBO than replace the memory. What other MOBO's could I get that would support the memory (apart from an ASUS)??

Thanks

• Corsair Employees
One module may run in a socket 939 but the system will not post with both installed, its just not supported by the memory controller in the CPU. And with XP CPU's the memory controller is in the chipset, so if you use a VIA chipset MB it will run, but registered memory would not be prefered for best performance.

I'm going to file for an RMA on the MOBO anyway as it seems strange that it is rebooting and terminating programs at will especially during processes. I think even standard memory would be able to cope with what I'm asking the PC to do. I think I'm going to opt for TWINX2048-3200C2PT and hopefully everything will be okay. Thanks for ending over 6 months of PC pain for me!!

Thanks again

Mark

P.S. Do you know anyone who wants to buy some TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT?? lol

Hi,

Could you give me all the BIOS settings for for my MB including the AGP voltage for a 256mb Geforce 6800 Ultra graphics card please using a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MB and TWINX2048-3200C2PT??

Thanks

• 7 months later...
Hi,

Could you give me all the BIOS settings for for my MB including the AGP voltage for a 256mb Geforce 6800 Ultra graphics card please using a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MB and TWINX2048-3200C2PT??

Thanks

Using stock cooling:

1.- CPU/RAM

HTT= 4x

FSB= 216/11x

SPD=2.5-6-3-3/1T

V_core=1.55V+8%

V_dimm=2.75V

2.- GPU

Download and install Coolbits2

Archived