Corsair Community

bad mem

i got twin xms 512x2 pc-3200 with led ddr-400 cmx-512-3200xlpro i have tried with both sticks in comp crashs then i tried with one stick comp worked then i switched it out with other stick comp crashed so i believe that stick of ram is bad can some one please contact me asap thanks

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

MSI MB K8N NEO4 Platinum Athlon64 Nvidia Nforce4 Socket939 FSB800 4DDR400-Dual with a amd 64 3800+512 can not remember bios but it's the lastest i remember going through tthat with msi. i don't have any advance setting done to it. all i know is that one stick of this memory is bad

• Corsair Employees

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.8X volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and then test the module/modules again with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

ok i have tested it in a diff mobo my friend has a msi neo2 platnum and he has the same problem as me with the mem he did the same thing and it came down to that one stick i have tried every thing that i can do i have had this system for like 4 months and have not played on it so i wouold liek to get his thing going thanks

ok i have tested it in a diff mobo my friend has a msi neo2 platnum and he has the same problem as me with the mem he did the same thing and it came down to that one stick i have tried every thing that i can do i have had this system for like 4 months and have not played on it so i wouold liek to get his thing going thanks
If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Already answered.

it's been a little over a week now and i have not heared any thing about my memory sticks i have emailed them and i have not got any info on my memory not sure how long or if they wil email me when my memory is ready but i will let you now as soon as i get it thanks

Archived