Corsair Community

VS512MB400 Issue

Hey Tech Guy,

I'd like to RMA some bad RAM. Here's what I've done.

I have a VS512MB400 module running alone on an ECS KT600-A. Processor is an AthlonXP 2500+ and I'm using a plain GeForce2 MX for testing purposes.

Using Eurosoft PC-Check (newest version) the module fails the Microtopology quest. I intermittently get errors (not every pass, but most passes) in Memtest86 as well, always at the same memory location.

The BIOS is set to do DRAM timings Automatically by SPD.

Let me know if I may reference this post to fill out an RMA form, or if you want me to test a possible fix. Thanks =)

Edit: I failed to mention, I recreated the errors in Memtest86 on an Epox EP-8RGM3I as well.

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings to "BY SPD and set the memory Frequency at 1-1 or 100% so it's in sync with your CPU, and then test the module/modules again with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived