Corsair Community

MSI 865PE Neo2-PFISR

sheol

Howdy guys,

I've read this forum (well after buying my PC so it's a little too late for my initial purchase) and was hoping to upgrade my current system's 1GB of ram to 2GB. I understand now that you recommend buying all ram initially but I've used a pair of Twinx CMX512-3200C2 modules. Lately I've been bluescreening a bit, checked these forums, tried the memtest.org test with no errors reported and I also tried Microsoft's memory test application (recommended by Blizzard when experiencing crashes in World of Warcraft) which did show some errors. I trusted memtest.org's results more than M$'s though so didn't think much else of it.

So...the upgrade bit. I tried to buy another set of Twinx CMX512-3200C2 modules but couldn't get any, the guy at the shop called his Corsair rep/dealer or something and they said that the Twinx CMX512-3200C2PT modules were the same chipset and totally compatible (despite me saying I doubted it). I bought them on the assurance that I could return them so I decided to give them a try.

No dice....

Putting the new Twinx CMX512-3200C2PT modules without the other older pair resulted in the machine booting up (hard drive spins up, DVD drive does etc) but no video signal comes through at all. Replacing the old pair with the new results in a normal boot. I've also tried having the old pair in the first two banks and the new in the last two banks then vice versa, same deal, pc boots and there's action in the background but no video signal (video power button stays orange).

I did manage to get the new pair to boot once by themselves by changing the timing to 3-3-3-8 (recommendation of a friend just to see if it worked) but then after I added the old pair as well....no video signal on boot. I've also tried upping both the cpu voltage and agp voltage by 1 increment from default with no joy.

Am I out of luck trying to get these pairs to work together? If so, should I go back and get another pair of Twinx CMX512-3200C2PT modules so that I at least have the same model etc? Should I get 2GB in 1 pair instead? I'm worried that neither will work with my motherboard. I'll keep an eye on this post and provide any details necessary.

Thanks in advance,

sheol.

• Corsair Employees

The only thing I can offer would be to submit all four modules for RMA and ask customer servicer to help you get the all replaced with the same revision.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

The only thing I can offer would be to submit all four modules for RMA and ask customer servicer to help you get the all replaced with the same revision.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Thanks for your rapid response Ramguy :) The only other thing that I forgot to mention...I'm in Australia :(

Sorry to post again...

I went and talked to the dealer (he's across the road from work), he's happy to take the new ram back, give me my money back for it and take care of the ram. I'll still RMA the old pair, but was thinking of just buying a set of 2GB Twinx 3200 modules to use whilst the old set is getting RMA'd, then I can give the old pair to a friend when they're replaced. Basically if I have to RMA both sets I'll be left with a PC with no ram till they're replaced, which isn't an option for me :P

Are the 2x1GB sticks going to work in my NSI 865PE Neo2?

Archived