Corsair Community

Using TwinX1024-3200C2PT Ram on GA-K8NSNXP-939 (2 pairs)

PhoenixCocker

When I contacted Gigabyte about the problem I've been having. (I already have one pair of the topic ram installed, and added another pair, exact same revision specs, as per the best of my knowledge). They eventually led me to a competitor of Corsair's, (starts with a King, ends with a ton) website. The website indicated that RAM ranked at certain levels ( namely :

"MODULES MUST BE ORDERED AND INSTALLED IN PAIRS for Dual Channel mode. XXXXXXXXX offers "K2" kit part numbers for Dual Channel mode.

This system only supports 4 ranks of DDR400 memory. If two dual ranked DIMMs are used, the 3rd and 4th sockets are disabled." )

So as I read this, memory must be bought so that it doesn't "outrank" what the motherboard supports. If you are using Dual Channel RAM then the 3rd and 4th sockets will be disabled, leading to your 3rd and 4th sticks never being recognized, which is exactly my problem.

So if there is an answer such as, disable Dual Channel or the like please inform me, otherwise I will do my own testing. However if you are having this same problem, my immediate resolution is to sell all four sticks of 512 RAM and buy 2 1024 sticks of ram that are using dual DDR. However if I (or anyone else) finds a fix using the four sticks I(we) will inform the public here.

-Litos

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all four modules? (How To Read the Memory Label) and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And with this platform when you install 4 modules the memory frequency would need to be set to DDR333 or it should default to DDR333. But I would suggest you use 1-Twinx2048-3200 set of modules for best performance with this platform.

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all four modules? (How To Read the Memory Label) and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And with this platform when you install 4 modules the memory frequency would need to be set to DDR333 or it should default to DDR333. But I would suggest you use 1-Twinx2048-3200 set of modules for best performance with this platform.

Was one step ahead of you and already have the recommended modules coming and the rest on RMA return right after I posted. Just too much work for my taste, figured it'd run better with two 1gb sticks anyway.

Also the part number is:

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200C2PT - Retail

Item #: N82E16820145450

(Serial #: 0bzsbu0400002tg)

On one set and:

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

(limit 10 per customer)

* Model #: TWINX1024-3200C2PT

* Item #: N82E16820145450

On the other.

-Litos

• Corsair Employees
I would really need the information off of the modules this does not tell me the modules revision. But since you have already made other plans I think it's mute point, if I understand you correctly.

Archived