Corsair Community

Mixing Corsiar TWINX1024-DDR400XMS w/ Corsair VS1GBKIT400C3 Value Select. OK?

johny

Hi,

I'm currently running TWINX1024-3200C2PT DDR400 XMS(2x512), on my Intel D875PBZ mobo with a P4 3.0 ghz Northwood CPU. It's been running totally stable for over a year now at default bios settings.

My friend just upgraded his system from 2x512 sticks of Corsair Value select to 2x1024 Corsair value select modules, and he gave me his old sticks.

So, my question is, would this work, or would it be a bad idea? Adding the ones he gave me, (2x512 Corsair ValueSelect VS1GBKIT400C3) sticks in with my current (2x512 TWINX1024-3200C2PT DDR400 XMS) sticks. I am not interested in overclocking I just want stability. I do want to be able to still run in Dual Channel mode at DDR400 speed though.

If this is a bad idea, can I even be sure that buying more of the same TWINX1024-3200C2PT a year later than the first ones were purchased,would be happy together ?

Thanks for the forum help ;): Johny

Wow, thanks for the quik response Wired. :biggrin:

I looked on the dimms and I'm not sure what the revision number is, as there's no "revision number" label markings. How long of a number would it be?

Even if I know my revision number, I don't feel I can be sure that any vendor would accomadate my request. I buy most of my hardware from ZipZoomFly and Iv'e always been happy with the prices and selection, however I once asked them by phone if they could check numbers on the wafer chips for a pair of sticks of RAM for another system of mine. They said they don't do that and can't garuntee that I would get same batch pairs unless I buy a pre-matched set such as the TwinX series.

Can you recommend a vendor that is known to give the revision version info on purchase or accomadates such a request?

Thanks again, Johny ;):

• Corsair Employees

(How To Read the Memory Label)

It would be best to just call of few of the resellers and ask them if they can check for you. I am sorry as I can suggest one over the other.

However, it may be better to just find another use for the modules you have now and just get a Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance

Thanks for the help guys. I see now that my revision number is v3.1. But, I think I will just go with your advice Ram Guy, and get a 2 gig matched set of TwinX2048. :idea:

Johny

Archived