Jump to content
Corsair Community

"Other devices" on Device Manager


Recommended Posts

How do I go about to find out what these "other devices" on Device Manager are? Thanks.


image.thumb.png.7e9856346892445446b74b3d937a7eab.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

need to install the chipset drivers. One of them is probably also the Intel serial IO, and i wonder if installing Intel ME engine doesn't install one of those too.

Look up "i7400" there, you should find them :

CORSAIR Downloads | CORSAIR iCUE Software

I spotted the serial IO driver at least ūüėõ¬†this one got me for a while when i got a Z790

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. I installed the chipset driver, Intel serial IO, and Intel ME engine. Still same unknow drivers.
image.thumb.png.c3853e2b83876e7dfcd8c4433e32d4a0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I spoke too soon. After checked "show hidden devices", it displays the following:
image.thumb.png.cf5c200348644a2face30cf9e2b4926f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

isn't it detecting your smartphone or something ? ^^

nearby sharing, SMS, bluetooth stuff ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Google says "Base System Device" can be a lot of different things - even a virtual PC could cause that. Starting at the easiest point though, have you rebooted after installing the drivers?

 

Double click on the Base System Device and once the Properties window opens up, go to Details. Under the Property dropdown, select Hardware Ids. You may see more than one item show up, but the 4 digits after VEN_ and the 4 digits after DEV_ should be the same (respectively). Look them up on https://pcilookup.com/ and you can figure out what the device is.

 

Do that and let us know what you find.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

isn't it detecting your smartphone or something ? ^^

nearby sharing, SMS, bluetooth stuff ?

 

My smartphone is already connected to this i7400 via Phone Link. But these "other devices" still show them as unknown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Technobeard said:

Google says "Base System Device" can be a lot of different things - even a virtual PC could cause that. Starting at the easiest point though, have you rebooted after installing the drivers?

 

Double click on the Base System Device and once the Properties window opens up, go to Details. Under the Property dropdown, select Hardware Ids. You may see more than one item show up, but the 4 digits after VEN_ and the 4 digits after DEV_ should be the same (respectively). Look them up on https://pcilookup.com/ and you can figure out what the device is.

 

Do that and let us know what you find.

Thanks. PCIlookup website couldn't figure out what it is. 
image.thumb.png.3682eeeed936dcf62ee275b8c5f77235.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the base system device on my i7400.image.png.8a9a7f499c80e9aa04af1e45d1f82c1f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Found it on a different site: https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/8086/device/A74F

Vendor ID 8086 = Intel

Device ID A74F = GNA Scoring Accelerator module

 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/intelligent-pc-overview.html

Quote

Intel¬ģ Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (Intel¬ģ GNA)
When power and performance are critical, the Intel¬ģ GNA provides power-efficient, always-on support. Intel¬ģ GNA is designed to process AI speech and audio applications such as neural noise cancellation while simultaneously freeing up CPU resources for overall system performance and responsiveness.

 

If you delete it and then run auto-detect, Windows might find the driver. Or you can search your system for "gna.inf".¬†Otherwise, there's the¬†Intel¬ģ Driver & Support Assistant (Intel¬ģ DSA)¬† tool to find the right driver. Of course there's also our support team: https://help.corsair.com.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Technobeard said:

Found it on a different site: https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/8086/device/A74F

Vendor ID 8086 = Intel

Device ID A74F = GNA Scoring Accelerator module

 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/docs/processors/core/intelligent-pc-overview.html

 

If you delete it and then run auto-detect, Windows might find the driver. Or you can search your system for "gna.inf".¬†Otherwise, there's the¬†Intel¬ģ Driver & Support Assistant (Intel¬ģ DSA)¬† tool to find the right driver. Of course there's also our support team: https://help.corsair.com.

Thank you. Problem for this "other device" solved! I already have the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. But it did not find any update, after I removed "base system device". However, Corsair website has a driver for it. I downloaded it and it fixed the problem.

 image.thumb.png.a73a888f7459ac71dc8938294815f1a1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
√ó
√ó
  • Create New...