Corsair Community

Is my memory damaged!?

Hi,

I have new Corsair XMS3200C2Pro 2 x 512MB and I'm worried it might be damaged. My PC will not boot, and my IC7-G Max2 motherboard doesn't even give me beep warnings. When I power on, there are 2 amber LEDs momentarily lit in the center of my memory modules, then they go off completely! I cant figure what is failing in my system, but there is no video output at all. All my PSU voltages are as they should be, and when I plug any devices in to the IDE ports on the motherboard, they freeze on power up, but when I remove them from the motherboard, they power up and spin as normal. I have tried both memory modules individually on the board, but still no power up! Any ideas if it could be the memory thats the problem. My system initially failed on me when I last upgraded with the same motherboard. Everything was working fine then it just failed and wouldn't boot back up, although everything powered on. I eventually suspected the motherboard and got a new one (same one) and I am also using a new CPU now, but the same memory, and I have the same problem as before - no boot and no video output.

Please help its driving me up the wall!!

Cheers,

Bren

• Corsair Employees
This would suggest some type of power problem or maybe a short. I would try and remove the MB from the case and test it on the box it came in to be sure. And if you can test the modules in another system that may help to isolate the memory.

This would suggest some type of power problem or maybe a short. I would try and remove the MB from the case and test it on the box it came in to be sure. And if you can test the modules in another system that may help to isolate the memory.

Thanks for the reply. I actually had already removed the mobo from the case and it was the same problem. There is power to the board and the LEDs light up, just as when its in the case. Just wondering if the two LEDs on the memory modules that light moentarily is any idication of a problem!?

Thanks,

bren

Archived