Corsair Community

H150i Elite Capellix Hardware Lighting Always Stays Red When ICUE Is Not Running.

Hello, From Yesterday My H150i Elite Capellix Hardware Lighting Always Stays Red When ICUE Is Not Running. How Can I Fix This Issue??. 

I Have Fresh Installed My Windows 11 With Only ICUE And Necessary Drivers And Updated My Mb's BIOS To F26, I'm Currently Using Aorus Z690 Elite AX With i7-12700k. Unfortunately Issue Is Still Present Hardware Lighting Always Stays Red When ICUE Is Not Running.

Please Help Me To Fix This Issue. Thanks In Advance.

Version:

ICUE Software
Core, v.5.5.134

Commander Core
Lighting Node, v.5.134

H150i Elite Caplellix
Liquid Cooler, v.2.11.221

Windows 11 Pro 22h2
OS Build: 22621.2134
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Controller Bricked.

I Was Facing An Issue AIO's Hardware Lighting Always Stays Red When ICUE Is Not Running.

So I've Decided To Flash The Firmware Of My Controller. When The Drive Pops up, I took Frimware To My Storage Device. And Renamed It. And I Moved That Renamed Frimware To My Controller's Drive. 

To update the firmware i had disconnected my SATA power to that controller. Now Controller doesn't recognize in Device manager. It gives USB error all time if i try to use the Storage Device of the controller. 

Please Help Me Fix The Issue. 

• 3 months later...

When the system is locked, USB devices cannot be accessed or read, and iCUE devices will use their Hardware Lighting setting. This is the same case with shutting down (since iCUE is not running) and booting.

Edited by Apart

I have the same exact problem: any solution yet ?

PXL_20231212_181321224.jpg

PXL_20231212_181326361.jpg

On 12/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, Apart said:

When the system is locked, USB devices cannot be accessed or read, and iCUE devices will use their Hardware Lighting setting. This is the same case with shutting down (since iCUE is not running) and booting.

Hardware lighting doesn't seem to sync, as all my RGB fans (X3 QL and X3 default fans) are connected to the AIO controller, and they all turn red...

Is everyone currently affected using CUE 5.9?

"Red" is sort of the fall back default color when things don't go as expected.  Historically, there are a couple of reasons why it might occur. 

1) Software interference from another RGB program.  It tries to grab control when CUE lets go or before it loads.  RAM and KBs have been the most impacted, but it can happen to fans too.  What might be interesting is if this occurs when you lock the PC (CUE separation) but does not occur on cold boot.  That suggests another program is getting access. 

2) There was a weird bug sometime back that would cause this condition.  Several users posted turning the hardware level brightness slider for the device down to zero and then back to their normal setting corrected the behavior.  Possible you may need to restart CUE after the brightness change.  I have no idea why this worked or why it occurred at all. 

3) If you all are on 5.9 and we have a sudden flood of these, it does stand to reason this is version related. The prior bug could have returned or this is something else entirely.  Since the resulting red fans is something of generic consequence, it doesn't tell us too much other than the problem is at the controller<->software level.  

Edited by c-attack

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also experiencing the same issue, and it started about a week ago. I've installed a fresh copy of Windows trying to fix it, but nothing has worked so far. The hardware lighting doesn't save on my H150i Elite Capellix and it defaults to RED when iCUE is not open. I don't usually run any RGB color in the background and most of the times I don't have the iCUE running, but now I'm forced to use it to avoid the bright RED color.

Has anyone found a solution? I don't know why but Corsair software side is always full of bugs and issues.

• Like 1

I too am having this issue on 5.9.105. Seems to have only popped up recently. I have tried resetting the hardware lighting multiple times. I also have 6 other fans on a Lighting Node Core that still respect the Hardware lighting. 

Edited by Treemeister

• 3 weeks later...

I use the latest version of icue 5.10.82 and have the same problem.

This start a couple of day ago. So every time i lock the screen, reboot or shutdown all my 6 fans and pump stays red. I tried to adjust hardware lighting but it doesn`t sync up with H150i Elite Capellix. As said this problem start only recently since a couple of day ago i don`t have this issue, and so i don`t think is related to the commander core.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have been having this issue for a few months. Didnt have the issue when I 1st installed the hardware controller. if i remember correctly it was after i cue 5 was released. tried hard reset of fan controller. did a complete clean install and format of all drives, during that process i got icue 4 1before anything else and it still did the same. really odd issue, contemplating on picking up another controller for the sake of diagnostics. all my peripherals are corsair dont have have the issue, nor does the seperate corsair led node. juist what is connected to the fan controller. I will update anyhtiong i find out, i tend to poke at it here and there when i have time. since the icue crashes have been very minimal lately im less focused on it.

12600k msi mpg z690

h100 elite capellix xt

icue core, v.5.10.82

commander core v.5.10.82

lighting node pro v.5.10.82

Edited by MASTICOR

I had/having the same issue. I got fed up with it and switched everything to LINK. My issue also happened around the same time as OP posted this. Corsair support sent me out a new commander and that solved the issue for about a month, then it happened again. I contacted them again and now they want to RMA my whole H150i Elite Capellix AIO for a replacement. I plan on using this AIO and all the fans for another build so I do plan on sending it back to them for the exchange. 

My only problem is, I upgraded my H150i Elite Capellix with the LCD screen and ML Elite fans, and they're requesting I send it back with the fans it came with but I gave those to my nephew for his build and I threw out the pump cover plates it originally came with.

I emailed them and mentioned this and asked if I could send back the AIO less the fans and LCD screen, as I'm sure my replacement will be an exact CW-9060048-WW.

Just waiting on a response from them.  

Edited by ItzTheDay

• 3 weeks later...

I ran into this issue some time ago. I can't remember exactly what changed but I think I was playing around with the iCUE alerts under the H150i Elite Capellix settings (ex. emergency shutdown action, or other options to turn all fans a certain color if coolant temp reached a certain threshold. After searching through forums and performing iCUE clean reinstalls and forcing firmware updates, I had resigned myself to the thought that it was an unfixable hardware or firmware issue. BUT, my reason for posting here today is to inform you that (for me at least) it doesn't seem to be the case. For unrelated reasons, I needed to perform a clean reinstall of Win 11 Pro. I installed the latest iCUE (5.11.96), but I did not install any RGB plug-ins. I have an Asus Z590-E mobo, and I decided to go ahead and install Armoury Crate (I know some of you are cringing, but I was fortunate enough to not run into problems with it in the past) to install all my drivers and the Asus apps I was using like AI Suite 3. I did NOT however install the Aura creator- just the Armoury Crate app. I also did not go into Aura RGB settings at all. As of this writing, my hardware lighting on all my Corsair devices including the H150i Elite Capellix are working properly. This leads me to believe there must be some device interaction and interference between the mobo and it's drivers & RGB apps that was contributing to this problem before. Anyway, hopefully this helps someone out there! 

Edited by UnsungN7

• 3 months later...

I wonder if we will ever get a fix for this. Really kills the vibe, which shelling out for these fans and coolers we are definitely paying for. Not really in the mood to do a full OS install. 

• 3 weeks later...

do you happen to use opera as a browser if so change it cos opera is linked to icue now and it auto ignores your settings and goes red, I believe you can switch this off in the options 

Edited by Tim76
spelling