Corsair Community

My Value select memory is bad

Hi Ram Guy,

I tested my ram with memtest after getting a bunch of BSOD's and failed installations of programs. I decided to reformat my computer and continued to get errors during windows installation.

I tested all my hard drives, sent in my processor for warranty inspection, swapped cd roms, pulled out all add on cards, switched power supplies, bought a new motherboard and still had the same problems, so I am pretty sure the memory is the culprit.

The memtest results returned thousands upon thousands of errors, so I decided to head over to best buy and grab a new stick of corsair xms memory to make sure. Sure enough, the stick that I just bought today worked, while my older two did not.

I have 2 sticks of vs512mb400 value select memory, and both failed tests. I also ran it through Microsofts memory tester, and they also both failed.

Hope this gets to you quickly, I have been without a real computer for a month trying to figure this out.

-Robert

• Corsair Employees

Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings to "By SPD",

and then test the module/modules again with wwww.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived