Corsair Community

Please help with Compatability

Brian Russell

I have 2 sticks of 256 corsair 3200LLPt platinum XMS memory sticks for duel Channel. The number is CMX256A-3200LLPT 400MHZ TwinX. Now this fills two of my slots for Duel Channel and have an empty slot for an upgrade. I would like to purchase a stick of memory to make 1gig total in my system. I have no idea what kind to buy or where to buy it. I know it has to be platinum because I purchased the wrong memory before. Does anyone have a manufacture number so I can order this stick of memory to have everything equal out to 1 gig? This compatability is hard since corsair has so many different types. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

• Corsair Employees

Brian,

If you want to add to what you have now you would need to match the same basic part# and revision in a 512 Meg stick or it may not post. It may be better to find another use for these modules and just get a single 1.0 Gig module like CMX1024-3200C2 for best performance.

Brian,

If you want to add to what you have now you would need to match the same basic part# and revision in a 512 Meg stick or it may not post. It may be better to find another use for these modules and just get a single 1.0 Gig module like CMX1024-3200C2 for best performance.

For Duel Channel it would still work with just one stick? Or will I have to disable duel channel since I would buy that one stick.

Archived