Corsair Community

3 x 512Mb = 1 GB ?

Grasshopper75

I have looked through the boards here and think i know what my problem is though I just want to confirm my situtation.

I have just purchased some additional Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PT memory for my PC which already had a Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT memory module installed. After installing the new modules the machine only recognises a total of 1Gb. My Mobo is an Abit IT7-MAX2.

I have tried each module individually and they all work, however the original CMX module is at a different revision to the TWINX modules. Is this the problem ?

Thanks for the help.

Err...

If it's not even recognizing the module, you might have a bad DIMM slot.

Do this, run CPU-Z and in the memory tab look at what it says is in the DIMM slots. If it only lists two modules, then you're not seeing one of them.

If there was a version incompatibility, then it would cause instability, but your system should still see the module, especially at the BIOS level (does the memory test only go through 1GB or 1.5GB).

PLUR

CK

CPU-Z sees all the modules though my original module appears to have a different frequency. It reports the modules exactly the same except for the bandwidth and SPD timings.

Slot #1 Max Bandwidth - PC2700 (166 MHz)

Slot #1 SPD timings - 2-3-3-7 & 2.5-3-3-7

Slot #2 Max Bandwidth - PC3200 (200 MHz)

Slot #2 SPD timings - 3-3-3-8

Slot #3 Max Bandwidth - PC3200 (200 MHz)

Slot #3 SPD timings - 3-3-3-8

I don't understand why the original module shows this bandwidth when it is a CMX512-3200C2PT module ?

Archived