Corsair Community

Trouble with RAM module

We tried installing the module into our computer and while the system would boot into Windows and recognize the memory, after a few minutes of use the system would shut off and the motherboard would report a C1 error. We tried reinstalling the memory and the system booted into Windows and again after a few minutes of use it shut off and reported a C1 error. We double-checked the manual to make sure that the RAM was compatible with our system and on page 2-1 of the EPoX nForce 2 manual, it states that the board supports, with our system and on page 2-1 of the EPoX manual it states that the board supports, “Three 184-pin DDR DIMM sockets for 64-bit, Unbuffered, Single/Double-side and Non-ECC DDR-200/266/333/400 DIMMs.” So if the RAM is installed correctly and it is supposed to be compatible with our board, then the only other conclusion we can reach is that there is something wrong with the RAM itself.

Edit: I should note that we tested the system in three different RAM configurations. It worked perfectly with just the old PC2700 stick and the system would boot into Windows and then crash when we tried using the PC3200 stick or the PC3200 and PC2700 stick. From what I can tell all of the problems lead back to the PC3200 stick that we just purchased, so I can only assume that something is wrong with the new stick of RAM.

Archived