Corsair Community

Errors return.....TWINX1024-3200XL

A few months ago, I started a thread about memory problems that were confirmed with memtest86 and other memory test programs. The solution we came up with was to chance the latency settings to 2.5-2-2-5. Everything has been fine until this week.

Recently, I have had recurring crash/error problems, including a recent I/O problem when trying to install a new program that repeatedly occurs even after I re-DL the full install. I ran memtest86 and ended up with a few thousand errors with the memory, which was still running at 2.5/2/2/5. Prime95 halted after less than a minute with an error. I recently updated my nvidia drivers and BIOS on my p5p800 with ASUS Update in Windows.

previous post:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35417

All specs are the same, except I rolled back my nvidia drivers to the second-newest (after separate problems) and BIOS is v1010.002. I have been using v1010 until today, with no change upon updating to 1010.002.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Archived