Corsair Community

CMX1024-3200C2PT on GA-8KNXP rev1

DragonP

HI.

Recently I bought Corsair CMX1024-3200C2PT x2, and set them in dual DDR mode. I entered the BIOS to check memory ratings , and I noticed somthing strange : CAS latency was set at 2.5 instead of 2. I specifectly checked before I bought the memory sticks that they are rated 2 CAS for Intel and 2.5 for AMD, so it's sad at Corsair website. I checked the RAM sticks on other brand motherboard and it worked as it suposed to CAS 2 3-3-6 1T.

I've contacteg Gigabyte support and their reply was:

"About the issue you mentioned, in fact the BIOS CAS select items is decided by SPD chip on memory module. Thus, the problem should be caused by wrong data that is saved in SPD chip."

Whats wrong?

Of course I'm trying to set it manually :roll:, I just can't select anything below 2.5 CAS. All I can select is 2.5 and 3. Before Corsair I had other brand ULD RAM installed, rated 2-3-3-6 1T and it worked as it rated. Any way the SPD value of this RAM is 3-3-3-8 but on the sticker it said 2-3-3-6. Could this be that I got a fake RAM modules?

• Corsair Employees
No thats a known issue with this MB's bios. They will only allow whats in the SPD. You might check for the latest bios and or test the modules in another make of MB, like Abit or ASUS, or MSI to be sure.

Archived