Corsair Community

Vengeance DDR5 128GB 5600mhz merge only to 4800mhz

Hello I am a new user of the brand, and buy 128gb to 5600mhz in four modules of 32gb DDR5 CMK64GX5M2B5600C36 but the operating system only recognizes it at 4800mhz, when I activate the XMP profile at 5600 it takes me blue screen very often, because of this. Setup windows 10 pro 64bits motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUX z790 HERO Graphics MSI 4070

36 minutes ago, Fernandop said:

Hello I am a new user of the brand, and buy 128gb to 5600mhz in four modules of 32gb DDR5 CMK64GX5M2B5600C36 but the operating system only recognizes it at 4800mhz, when I activate the XMP profile at 5600 it takes me blue screen very often, because of this. Setup windows 10 pro 64bits motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUX z790 HERO Graphics MSI 4070

Did you check for an updated BIOS? The most recently one added some brands memory to it.

4 sticks at 5600 will be very hard to get. Corsair only sells kits of 2x32gb for a reason ^^

it works fine with two sticks only as sold, but using 4 sticks, and of separate kits, will usually not work at those speeds. you are almost doubling the CPU memory controller spec.

Another user not long ago managed to make such setup work at 5200 by enabling XMP and dropping the speed.

Basically you have to chose between max capacity or max speed, depending on what you use your PC for.

I guess that's why we start to see 48gb sticks coming out, to get over the 64gb limit on 2 sticks and still have decent frequency