Corsair Community

CMX512-3500C2 Problem...

Shocky

Hi, I'm using a a64 3500+ and epox 9nda3+ and the memory simply will not do t1 timings even though it claims it can do this at 434mhz... Now is this just a lie and the memory cant do it or is there a known compatibility problem with this motherboard?

Using x2 CMX512-3500C2 in dual channel btw.. :sigh!:

• Corsair Employees
The setting (Command Rate) is more of system setting and relies more on the CPU and MB than the memory for more aggressive settings. I would first make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time at Cass 2-3-3-7 1T and if they both pass try Cass 2.5-3-3-7 1T with both installed.

The setting (Command Rate) is more of system setting and relies more on the CPU and MB than the memory for more aggressive settings. I would first make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and test the modules one at a time at Cass 2-3-3-7 1T and if they both pass try Cass 2.5-3-3-7 1T with both installed.

I have tried them both together with the lowest possible timings the memory will allow and even then t1 will only work at 166. I've also seen a few threads on other forums which suggest there might be a problem with the motherboard itself and obviously can't really confirm that. I do have the latest bios btw and will try them individually.

Edit. tried them individually and get the exact same thing.. as soon as windows boots it gives a blue screen and restarts.. also tried the other dimm slots but it wouldnt even start in them... just kept giving me the c1 error. :evil:

• Corsair Employees
You are not the only user with this MB and this problem. I have heard that this model has this issue with other memory as well. Maybe give it a bit more time for the bios too mature.

You are not the only user with this MB and this problem. I have heard that this model has this issue with other memory as well. Maybe give it a bit more time for the bios too mature.

Seems to be all I can do is wait or jump ship and buy another mobo. :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees
Well I have no problem replacig the modules for you, but XMS3500C2 is no longer available and you would normally get XMS3200LL or XL modules instead. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Well I have no problem replacig the modules for you, but XMS3500C2 is no longer available and you would normally get XMS3200LL or XL modules instead. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

But there’s no guaranty it will work if its a motherboard issue otherwise I would definitely replace them if I was sure to get parts that would work with this motherboard.

Archived