Corsair Community

K55 RGB Connecting and disconnecting in iCUE

Hi, I've recently changed my motherboard and cpu and have done a fresh install of Windows 11 because of it. I went from Intel to AMD.  When I was using the Intel mb and cpu, I had no problems with the K55 and iCUE,  everything worked perfectly. I've changed over to AMD and after reinstalling iCUE, the keyboard connects and then disconnects again after a few seconds. I've no idea what's causing it. I'm using a MSI x670-P WIfi motherboard with Ryzen 5 7600 cpu. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

found it try this 🙂   

1. Disconnect the K55 from the PC
2. Close iCUE program
3. hold "FN" + "F4"
4. connect the keyboard
5. the keyboard will flicker once
6. Release the "FN" + "F4" keys
7. Start iCUE again

Keyboard is recognized again without any problems.

I hope this works for you too

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, I completely forgot that I even made this post, but my problem was solved a long time ago .They've updated the software since I made the original post and it works without any issues now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

All that happened was a Windows repair install, now my K55 RGB connects/disconnects and may or may not work at computer startup.  If it stops working as long as I close iCue it'll work again.  Tried your reset didn't do any good issue persists.  Device manager displays HID Keyboard device, going to attempt to add the correct keyboard and remove the old see if that helps.

All that happened was a Windows repair install, now my K55 RGB connects/disconnects and may or may not work at computer startup.  If it stops working as long as I close iCue it'll work again.  Tried your reset didn't do any good issue persists.  Device manager displays HID Keyboard device, going to attempt to add the correct keyboard and remove the old see if that helps.

Update* Removed all HID Keyboard drivers.  Performed a keyboard reset in accordance with prescribed documentation and the issue 'appears' to be fixed.