Corsair Community

BAD TWINX Modules

I have a set of Corsair XMS TWINX CMX256A-3200LLPT memory modules with 2-2-2-6 timing. I've been getting a lot of blue screens and decided to do some system testing. Around this same time I decided to change motherboards as well.

I have used memtest86 and windows memory tester to do memory testing.

I first tested the modules using my ASUS A7N8X Deluxe motherboard with both programs and received errors. I then installed my Abit NF7-S v2 and ran both programs and received errors.

That makes a total of 4 tests with 2 different motherboards with all 4 tests failing. I do believe that pretty much ensures this RAM is bad. Heh.

I was filling out the RMA form but realized it required me to post and get a response back from the RAM GUY. So here I am.

As a side note I am a computer technician and build computers everyday so I tried to post a pretty straight-forward post to show that I have taken more than one step to test the ram in hopes of not getting back a "try this" answer. =p

Thanks RAM GUY!

Also want to mention that I isolated the errors to one of the modules. The other one has tested over and over again fine. This one is getting the same block addresses full of errors.

Should I send just the faulty module or both? They were a matched pair set and I'm afraid that if I send just the one that I may get a different type of ram on the other and they may be incompatible. Timings on my machine do matter quite a bit and the system rejects ram if they have different timings.

Thanks.

Archived