Corsair Community

Timing help wth NF7-S v2 and VS 1GB400C3

bguild

I'm currently changing over an ABIT NF7-S Performance box to a low end application server and have purchased (2) VS1GB400C3 to be used in dual channel mode with an Athlon XP 2500. Corsair phone support said VS would be OK in dual channel mode, yet it isn't recommended elsewhere on your site....

I'm looking for some help with timing of the new modules; the Processor was running @ 2.2 (200*11) with faster memory installed. The new VS is passing memtest@3,3,3,8 @ 200 (individually) with the CPU still@ (200*11), and I haven't tried both modules in dual channel mode yet. Could you give me some suggestions for timing for the VS modules and suggested voltages for this NF7-S v2 board? Do I need to back the processor down to (200*10)??

Thanks for the help

Bob

• Corsair Employee

Please put the memory modules on either slots 1&3 or 2&3; make sure that you have the latest BIOS installed for your MB; load optimized/set up default, and set the following BIOS settings;

VS512MB400 or VS1GBKIT400C3

Softmenu SetUp

CPU Operating Speed: User Define

External Clock: 166/66/33

Memory Clock: 166 or 333MHz

CPU/Memory ratio: 1:1 or 3:3

CPU Voltage: Normal/Auto

DDR SDRAM Voltage: 2.7/2.75 Volts

AGP VDDQ Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

Advanced Chipset/DRAM Configuration:

DRAM Timing Selectable: User Define

DRAM Clock: DDR400

Cas Latency Time: 3T

RAS# to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

Min. RAS# Active Time (tRAS): 8T

RAS# Precharge Time (tRP): 3T

All other settings should be set to default settings!

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Thanks RAMGUY for the guidelines,

Currently both modules passed memtest (24 hours) in dual channel mode @ 2.5,3,3,8 @2.7v... I'll assume that's about it for Value Select on my NF7-S....

Thanks again for the help,

Bob :biggrin:

Archived