Corsair Community

Adding Copper

Websiteguy

Since there is not any copper in the current system, can I add copper tubing to the system (for additional passive cooling) without introducing corrosion problems? That way, I could pass it through one computer, then 50' of copper tubing and then another computer during each round trip of the coolant.

• Corsair Employees
Theoretically, if you keep the same mixture ratio (33%) as you would normally have in the system the corrosion protection that is provided should not change. However, because we have never tested the unit using 50' of copper tubing I can not give you a direct answer to your question.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by monkeybastard [/i] [B]man.......i feel for ya bro......damn......... [/B][/QUOTE] :)Hey Mr. Coolerguy, can I add 1000 feet of copper line to my system? I want to route it outside and up a tree so that I can have the highest overclock possible :). LOL.

Whether you want to put 1000' of copper pipe in the ground is up to you ... just don't let the scrap metal dudes know about it or they might dig it up while you are away. In any case, the water block is copper internally, so there already is copper in the system, so adding copper tubing should not be a problem as long as you maintain the correct concentration of the water vs. the additive.

Thanks Kooler King. That was my real question. I was worried about the introduction of copper and whether the corrosion inhibitor would deal properly with copper. You answered my question and I appreciate it. [B]And[/B] you did not have to be childish about it. Kind Regards :):

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Websiteguy [/i] [B]Thanks Kooler King. That was my real question. I was worried about the introduction of copper and whether the corrosion inhibitor would deal properly with copper. You answered my question and I appreciate it. [B]And[/B] you did not have to be childish about it. Kind Regards :): [/B][/QUOTE] You're welcome for the advice. On the other issue, I'm not sure what you mean by being "childish" ... if you mean the comment about the 1000' of water pipe, that was an attempt to provide a humorous response to the wise guys who posted that silly notion above ... it was not aimed at you, I appologize if it came out otherwise. KK

• 3 weeks later...

Archived