Corsair Community

P5GDC Deluxe and Corsair XMS3200C2 ram

OmikronTR

i have spoken with ASUS, i have even emailed corsair, the website says they work together, ASUS says they work together..my problem is my 4x512 XMS3200C2 ram will not post on my P5GDC Deluxe when i have all 4 sticks in..it will post 2 in blue or 2 in black or 1 in black and 1 in blue, all ram modules post in single channel..they all 4 work together on my P4P800 mo/bo..ASUS said timing could be a problem so according to Corsair the timings for my RAM are 2-3-3-6 my mobo does not have a DRAM Burst adjustment in BIOS just a DRAM write recover time which can go from 2-5 clocks..theRAMGUY sent me an auto reply about timings and voltage said to try 2.75v my mobo does not have that it has 2.60, 2.70, 2.80 and so on..i have replaced the motherboard even though i did not think the other one was bad, i have taken it out of the case and put it on a wooden table to be sure there wasn't a ground issue..i have tried everything i can think of to try to get all 4 sticks on this mobo and have it post..(other thanjust throwing it out the window) IF anybody has any ideas..please help... thx in advance

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules (How To Read the Memory Label)?

2 modules are XMS3202v3.1 #0409122

2 modules are XMS3202v1.1 #0406023

and i just noticed they were different but i bought them all at the same time, from the same place..and they all 4 work in my P4P800..is there anyway to get al 4 on the same version? is there anyway to exchange 2 modules for a v1.1 or v3.1?

• Corsair Employee
No I am sorry we cannot order them by revision. But I would contact our customer service and see if they can replace all four modules for 2 sets that match. Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!" and send them an email explaining that you would like to have sets matching sets.

i did, thx again, also would like to point out that i have some extra ram modules 4 to be exact of Corsair value select ram, although they are only 4x256 they all four work so i am goin to bet on the revision #'s being different is why my mo/bo doest post with the high-end stuff, i will keep you updated when i get the CMX-512's in

• 2 weeks later...

well after the guys at Corasir forgot to put 1 set of 1024mb Twinx with the first shipment i finally got the other set today popped those 2 in all being the same version and it all works and works great..2Gb of ram is nice especially for gaming..although i had to put active cooling on them its still nice...just thought i'd let u know

also on a completely unrelated note, any of u gamers out there having probs after awhile playN games i found out that the Intel XD-Bit and the other one for AMD can cause issues so unless u specify it to ignore ur games u may experience wierd stuff at least for me and my friend i run an Intel 660 3.6 and he runs an AMD64 939 3500+..i thought it was the memoy turns out i was wrong

Archived