Corsair Community

TwinX2048-3200C2PT

GFiSH

Hi, I hope you can help.

I seem to behaving a few problems with my memory in Dual Channel Mode. I recently bought and installed a pair of TwinX2048-3200C2PT from overclockers.co.uk however when I went to play CS:Source it would error while loading the map and just go back to Windows. It all worked fine when I had my old memory on Dual Channel Mode (Corsair 1GB 3200 VSM (2x512MB)) but I canot get it to work with my new memory. I have tried just installaing one stick at a time, and this runs fine, I have also tried both sticks in together, but just in Slots 1 and 2, not Slot 3 - so not Dual Channel Mode, and this also works fine. But as soon as I took one stick out of Slot 2 and put it in Slot 3 for Dual Channel Mode then I get problems. Windows itself seems fine, although I did have a problem with Internet Explorer not responding and then got a blue screen before the PC rebooted itself.

Is this just a simple BIOS setting that I have missed? The Corsair website said that this memory IS compatible with my motherboard so that can't be the problem. I don't think the memory is faulty as they both work individually and out of Dual Channel Mode. It can't be the game as that worked fine in Dual Channel Mode with my old memory.

My exact Specs are as follows:

MSI K7N2 Delta Platinum

AMD Athlon XP 3200+

Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT

Creative Ti4600

Maxtor DiamondMax 9 160GB SATA

Sony DVDRW

Sony DVDROM

Antec Sonata with Antec TruePower 380w

Please help if you can, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

GFiSH

• Corsair Employees
Please set the dim voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that will solve the problem. If not I would try and clear the bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that will solve the problem. Also your PSU is or may be marginal for the system configuration you have.

HI, I have checked the BIOS and with the memory running at 2.5-3-3-6 and at 2.7 volts I managed to get CS:Source to load and played a couple rounds. However when I came to exit the game it just froze, I rebooted and then when I logged into Windows it hung half way through loading up my desktop.

Any other suggestions? Do you think I need a bigger PSU, is this what the problem is or just something that I should improve on anyway?

Cheers

GFiSH

Hi, I've tested the memory individually and together using memtest and all the tests were passed fine.

However I'm still having problems running the memory at 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7 volts, I'm lucky if I can get to my windows login screen. Is there anything else I can try, any other settings I can use?

PS I've got a new PSU on order and that should arrive in the next few days.

I have just tried running both modules individually at 2-5.3.3.6 at 2.7 volts but they both crashed while logging into windows. I have now put them both back in at 3-3-3-8 (BIOS set to optimized) and windows is running fine.

Hi,

Today I installed my new 480w Hiper Type R PSU with a pretty red LED and also an XFX 6600GT 256MB!!

Unfortunately I am still having the same problems with the memory. I hvae tested the memory at the following configurations in Dual Channel Mode:

2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.5v

2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.6v

2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.7v

2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.75v

2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.5v

2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.6v

2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.7v

2.5-3-3-8 @ 2.75v

3-3-3-6 @ 2.5v

3-3-3-6 @ 2.6v

3-3-3-6 @ 2.7v

3-3-3-6 @ 2.75v

3-3-3-8 @ 2.75v

All above settings failed while loading into Wndows, it just hung

The following setting seemed to work better and allowed me to log into Windows, play CS:Source and GTA San Andreas, and also allowed me to Benchmark using 3DMark05

3-3-3-8 @ 2.5v

Obviously the memory is designed to run at 2.5-3-3-6 on AMD platforms, but I cannot get this to work. I looked on the MSI site and it says to run memory at 2.5v and this gave the most stable performance but only at 3-3-3-8.

Obviously the memory isn't faulty but isn't running as it should, your website says that this memory IS compatible with my motherboard and I assume this means in Dual Channel Mode.

Anymore suggetions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

GFiSH

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking at getting a new mobo and processor now, can I use this memory in a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI? What speed should I use?

I've checked the compatibility lists on the Corsair website and it said that TwinX1024-C2PT is compatibile, can I install two pairs (2GB) of this on the GA-K8NXP-SLI and still run it at the same speeds as just the 1 pair?

Archived