Corsair Community

Abit KV7-V and Value Select?

RJD30

I am considering building a system with an Abit KV7-V , 2 512 meg sticks of Value Select DDR 400 memory - cas 2.5, model VS1GBKIT400, with an AMD Athlon XP 3000+. Will this combo work? Any potential problems using Value Select in this setup? I will not be OCing this system. Any tips/tricks/suggestions much appreciated. - RD

• Corsair Employees
They will work in this system, but if you have a 333FSB 3000+ you will want to run the memory at DDR333 for best performance. And I would install them in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.

They will work in this system, but if you have a 333FSB 3000+ you will want to run the memory at DDR333 for best performance. And I would install them in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.

No it is a 400 mhz FSB. Do I still have to set the voltage to 2.7, and put it in 1-3 or 2-3? Thanks - RD

Oooops I almost made a mistake. I did some searching on the net and deja.com and found out this board is flakey at best and will be a nightmare to get stable, and for some reason win xp sp2 hates this board. Im going to look at something else like a Gigabyte or Asus board. thanks for the info anyway. - RD

Archived