Corsair Community

Corsair CMX512-3200LLPT

Hello,

I am looking to obtain an RMA as I have two 512 MB sticks of bad Low Latency 3200 DDR RAM. I have run memtest for three passes on each stick individually. The one stick registered skightly over 38000 errors and the other registered 5585 errors. The PC was relatively stable with SPD disabled, but would have a stagger effect every now and then, but with memtest showing these results it cannot be a BIOS timing issue. I've been running this workaround for a while I was just too lazy and never got around to running the test. My motherboard is a Asus P5P800 running P4 775 3.0 GHZ with a Radeon 9800 Pro. I am looking to obtain an RMA for these two pieces. In the meantime I'll be using the pair I just bought from you for another box I'm building. Great products. Thanks. -James Bertram

Absolutely

They are v 1.1 CMX512-3200LLPT and lot 0304006

They are a matched set. My BIOS is set for SPD and it will boot up but as soon as apps start loading it will restart automatically. However if I disable SPD and go with higher settings (i think it was around 4-4-8), the PC is relatively stable (ie it will not crash randomly but it does have a certain staggered effect every few minutes) I am not overclocking the system and have not modded it out in any unusual manner.

I have also replaced these with 2 CMX512-3200PT and memtest ran through flawlessly with SPD enabled, so it would not be a bios issue. The PC has also ran flawlessly since I put in the new RAM.

Can you tell me our modules part# and revision (How To Read the Memory Label) and the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• Corsair Employees

With 2 modules please set these settings and test the modules one ata time with http://www.memtest.org.

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Archived