Corsair Community

TwinX CMX512-3200XL 2-2-2-5

One of the modules only show 256MB of memory. I tried everything from running Memtest and installing it in other motherboards. I think I may have to RMA this guy in. Do I need to send both sticks in since I have purchased them as a Dual Channel Kit? Let me know. Thanks!

No, this set is a gig set. Each stick is labeled with "CMX512-3200XL". One registers correctly at 512MB yet the other only registers half of it at 256MB.

Here is another funny tidbit. On the POST screen as well as in the General Tab of System Properties in Windows XP Pro SP2, the total memory is registered at only 512MB (though both of them are installed in dual channel configuration). But when I run CPU-Z, it shows a total memory of 768MB in SINGLE CHANNEL mode!!! Figure that out! Something is definitely not right. I tried this in an Abit IC7-G board as well as an ASUS A8V-Deluxe board. I know it isn't the motherboard(s) for sure!

I am currently using some old Corsairs during the mean time, but I am hungry to RMA these in and get them back ASAP so I can start taking advantage of some low latencies. I didn't spend over $200 on these for nothing. Thanks for the help though.

Archived