Corsair Community

Downloaded Icue profiles only apply on my Commander Core XT and not my H170i LCD Elite

TwoTabs

I have 11 fans, all the same make and model, I have a commander Core Xt that has 6 fans attached to it, and my H170i LCD Elite has the Commander Core, which has another 5 fans. When i import any profile the profile will apply to the Commander Core Xt  but not the Commander core. Is there a way to fix this? Or do i have to wait for an update to address the problem because the LCD Elite devices are too new?

7 hours ago, TwoTabs said:

Or do i have to wait for an update to address the problem because the LCD Elite devices are too new?

Most likely.  Profiles have to written for each device.  Some newer profiles may have the newer devices.  However, the easier thing to do is copy the lighting effects from the Commander XT over to the Commander Core.  Use the 'save to library' as the clip board from the Com XT.  Then go to the Com Core/AIO tab and open the lighting library at the bottom.  You can then copy the effect(s) over to the Com Core.  It is not too hard to fill gaps if you have some other Corsair devices.  

11 hours ago, c-attack said:

Most likely.  Profiles have to written for each device.  Some newer profiles may have the newer devices.  However, the easier thing to do is copy the lighting effects from the Commander XT over to the Commander Core.  Use the 'save to library' as the clip board from the Com XT.  Then go to the Com Core/AIO tab and open the lighting library at the bottom.  You can then copy the effect(s) over to the Com Core.  It is not too hard to fill gaps if you have some other Corsair devices.  

So i did that but they do not work the same. 

It will be the same effect, but if you have different fan types that may complicate things.  If it is using a special QL or LL ring effect, that's not going to copy over to a set of fans that don't have light rings.  For moving effects you might have to adjust the speed and tail to match the other set and same lighting time. 

Before doing any of that, make sure you zero the lighting clock.  Whenever you added the lighting effect, it likely was not at second 0.00 of the allotted time.  This happens any time you create a new effect.  Most of the time you only need to switch to another profile and switch back and this should reset the clock to 0 and all effects are at their origin and in sync.  However, lately some the effects have become strangely persistent across switching.  If it does not reset after a switch, quit CUE from the task bar and then restart.  That can be a real pain if you are designing complex lighting effects across multiple devices.