Corsair Community

Crashing in Games - Need RMA

Ram Guy,

I have 4 sticks of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT they are about a year old. I dont seem to have any problems until I load up something big, City of Heroes for example takes about 5 minutes to crash each time... At first I thought this was my video card or internet connection so I started to pull each component and replace it sperately with parts from my media PC, even thought I might have a bad ram slot on my mboard, so I have replaced the current Ram with corsair 4 X 256 matched memory pairs, all 4 of these work fine so it seems motherboard ok, even went as far as to only run 2 of these 512 pairs in each slot etc, seems I have a good pair here and a bad pair, because I can get 1 gig of the 3200C2PT to work in either slot but the other pair causes a crash, I would just like the memory replaced or help me with a way to test it.

Thanks,

Heores4Sale

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# and revision of all of the modules (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Mother board = Asus P4P800SE Wifi Edition American Megatrends Bios Rev. 1009 / Ram = 4X CMX512-3200C2PT - XMS3202 v1.2 - 0328023 - CL2 / 800 mhz FSB P4 Prescott 3.0 ghz 1 mb L2 cache / Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT AGP - Bios set to Performance Turbo - not overclocked / Ram dual channel Linear Mode

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings after you load setup defaults.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Performance Mode: Auto

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

Then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org. And if you over clock the CPU it would be best to relax the timings to like Cass 3-3-3-8 and set the Voltage to 2.85 Volts and then increase the CPU Freq a few MHz at a time and see where it tops out then tweak the settings to enhance the performance. But using http://www.memtest.org to verify your settings are not causing errors.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employees
With this MB you will need to disable legacy USB when running any memory test. Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts and set the timings manually to the tested settings for the module part# you have and test them one at a time again.

Ram Guy,

Im not sure what is going on here, these are the settings I had tested at before. I have a 1 gig matched set of the same memory from corsair that I ordered to keep this PC running, we are close to 2 months of messaging back and forth about these 4 memory modules. I bought these because they were recommended by Asus to use with this Motherboard when I bought it, I have run them for a good 2 years and now they are failing tests, when the new set I bought tests fine one at a time on memtest. Does my product come with a lifetime warranty or not? This has quite frankly been the lengthiest process I have ever had to endure for an RMA, and is doing nothing but making me wish I had paid the extra money and bought Kingston, I guess Im not understanding why I can have a brand new set test error free, at the same setting the old 4 chips are failing at. I would be more than happy to send these in and have the experts at Corsair take a look and decide if I need a replacement. But as we stand I have been through countless tests and even purchased more memory due to the time I could not afford to have my PC down and the time it has taken to post these back and forth. Please do the honorable thing as a leading memory manufacturer and honor the lifetime warranty

Archived