Corsair Community

iCUE not starting anymore after GPU switch

JLM9

Hi there, 

I upgraded my GPU from an RTX 2060 to an Radeon 6950 and installed AMD Software Adrenalin Edition. Since then, iCUE (v4.33.138) isn't starting anymore.  I tried restarting the pc, running iCUE in admin mode, uninstalling iCUE and reinstalling it. But nothing seems to work. I downloaded an older version of iCUE (v3.38.88) and that worked fine, except it didn't recognized my mouse (probably because the old version can't handle the new mouse firmware). Updated iCUE from the program itself to the latest version, but then nothing again. It's not showing up in the Task Manager and my devices are just running the default color pattern.

Devices:

Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro mouse

K100 RGB keyboard

MM700 RGB mouse mat

I hope someone can help me, because this is driving me nuts.

I can't think of a good reason for this to happen nor do I remember anyone else posting about it.  CUE does use the GPU to facilitate it's in app UI, so maybe somehow it is still linked to the old Nvidia driver.  When you uninstalled, did you do a standard removal with the Windows Settings App?  My only suggestion here is to do the full clean install with registry clean.  Typically most fail to launch issues relate to this anyway.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

If that does not work, start a Support Ticket from the link at the bottom of the page.  Let us know what resolves it.  You would think if this was solely GPU related it would come up more often on GPU changes.  You might also tackle it from the other direction and use something like Display Driver Uninstaller to make sure all traces of the Nvidia programs are gone. 

@JLM9 - when you changed your graphic card, you went from Team Green to Team Red. Did you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely wipe your system of anything NVIDIA related? There's a chance that ICUE is getting itself confused along the way and wasn't able to reconcile itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. 2 days ago I disconnected the XG7 4090 water block and removed the strix 4090 card, now I have an integrated card, ique does not turn on at all in the system. I uninstalled icue and did a clean install and nothing helps.

Only help new windows installation :(

9 hours ago, kampers said:

Only help new windows installation 😞

Hopefully not. That should not be required for this. There have been a few start up issues reported on 4.33 and some general device/sensor conflict with Citrix Workspace.  I don’t know if the latter applies, but it would make sense to try the prior 4.32 version.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_4.32.129_release.msi

Edited by c-attack
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 8:18 AM, BlaiseP said:

@JLM9 - when you changed your graphic card, you went from Team Green to Team Red. Did you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to completely wipe your system of anything NVIDIA related? There's a chance that ICUE is getting itself confused along the way and wasn't able to reconcile itself.

You are an absolute legend! I have been having this issue for a couple months now and just happened to try another search to fix the issue and come across this thread to find this solution! Now ICUE starts!

• Thanks 1