ati tv controller card

psu: 480 antec

master ide 1: 120gb wd

slave ide 1: dvdrw

master ide 2: liteon combo

slave ide 2: liteon combo

master ide 3: seagate 200gb

slave ide3: seagate 200gb

i had 512 competitors brand pc2100 in here and system ran very well. to upgrade i repaced the stick with 2 x competitors brand 512MB DDR333 PC2700

i left all settings at default.

pc was fine for a few days and i was really happy. then, triggered by intensive hard drive functioning, the pc rebooted. it continued to reboot or just go blank with fans running and all. i sent the ram back for a new stick.

well, same problems. i sent those back too. i decided the problem was that i need 3200. i bought CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail

* Model #: VS1GB400C3

* Item #: N82E16820145505

same farking problem. i did play with the ram timings a bit, and although each setting had successful boot and good performance, all it took was a torrent to allocate space on any hard drive, or a labor intensive cpu operation (such as extraction, conversion, etc) for the same shutdowns to happen.

please see http://drewclayton.net/cpuz.htm for a current readout.

also, i reset cmos each time i changed the ram.

any ideas??? thanks!!

• Corsair Employees
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts and then set the timings to "BY SPD", and then test the module/modules again with wwww.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. And what you have posted so far would suggest some other problem with your system, so testing the memory in another system would help to isolate the memory.

Archived