Corsair Community

A8N-Sli deluxe with xms 4400c25 settings?

aviljoen

I got the Asus A8N-Sli deluxe mother board with Corsair XMS 4400c25 modules (2) but every time I post here, ppl tend to go off track and talk about another mother board.

I need to know what settings to use with this board and ram, I have tried setting the bios to boot at 500 bu the pc continously reboots, setting back to system default boots fine, what ram settings inc vaultage should I use here.

I got the Athlon 64 4000 candiego core cpu.

Your help is most appreciated.

not sure the bios even mentions sync or async, I want to run the memory at say 500 with out having to overclock the cpu, this ram is meant to run at higher than 400. If I set the ram to 500 and boot, the system reports 500 but fails to boot so I need to know what settings to use to get the board to run the ram at 500 with out affecting the current 2400MHz that the cpu is running at. I have set HTT to 5X and auto but it made no difference.

Many thanks for the help

Hi,

Frankly speaking, ASUS A8N SLI isn't good oc mb even if you get best oc cpu.

But FYI, please note that you should stay under 1.100 (HTT x FSB) value, e.g FSB 274 x 9 (CPU Multiplier) & HTT 4x, it's still under 1.100. :):

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Frankly speaking, ASUS A8N SLI isn't good oc mb even if you get best oc cpu.

But FYI, please note that you should stay under 1.100 (HTT x FSB) value, e.g FSB 274 x 9 (CPU Multiplier) & HTT 4x, it's still under 1.100. :):

I have a 3500+ Winchester and the A8N-SLI Deluxe in combination with two XMS 4400C25 512MB.

Rock solid with BIOS 1.006 at default and slight oc.

As I will upgrade (today) to the X2 4400+ I updated the BIOS to 1.011 at first and 1.012 Beta 3 later that support X2 CPU's . . .

Result?

The PC reboots before entering Windows. :(

And even if I set all memory timings to ridiculously high values everything at default.

Try different BIOSes. My 2 cents . . .

Any help appreciated for my situation. (I hope the new BIOS - reboot problem is CPU specific) (I will cry if I won't be able to use the x2 4400+ . . . ;))

Yes

And even with my new 4400+ A64 X2 . . . :(

Worked well with 3500+ & 1006 BIOS

What can I try???

Desperate . . . :(

Update . . .

With BIOS 1.008 everything works well except I see only one core of the dual core CPU . . .

Argh . . .

I wonder if my board Rev. 1.02 even supports the x2 . . .

Waiting for Asus official reply and for some cool ideas from you, guys . . .

not sure the bios even mentions sync or async, I want to run the memory at say 500 with out having to overclock the cpu, this ram is meant to run at higher than 400. If I set the ram to 500 and boot, the system reports 500 but fails to boot so I need to know what settings to use to get the board to run the ram at 500 with out affecting the current 2400MHz that the cpu is running at. I have set HTT to 5X and auto but it made no difference.

Many thanks for the help

500 ram / 400 CPU = ASYNCHRONOUS

• 2 weeks later...

Archived