Corsair Community

Vengeance PRO RGB "Lighting Effects" tab doesn't update lighting

Go to solution Solved by PJH,

So as the title says, the lighting effects tab doesn't seem to make a difference in what is shown on my ram sticks. I feel like I'm missing something but I'm unsure what it is.

I have rainbow wave set for all modules but it only ever shows a solid blue color. I know that it isn't an issue with my modules because the lighting will update and show correctly if I update it within the "Hardware Lighting" tab.

Below is a screenshot of the Lighting Effects tab:

image.thumb.png.87634141194db85d9226caefd321442c.png

image.thumb.png.d4463a7f40d9cbe7fa1f955f2afe267e.png

Below is a a screenshot of what is shown in the Hardware Lighting tab:

image.thumb.png.e08d9df0c97e025d2b7b365d21a629b7.png

Any assistance with this issue would be very helpful, I'm tired of looking at solid blue modules lmao

• Solution

Hey, hey!

On the top right screen is a little cog that will open up the settings menu. Check the software and game integration for any third-party rgb software that is listed and block it if any are there.

• Corsair Employees

Are you running anything like Wallpaper Engine, motherboard RGB software, or even Opera GX at the same time as iCUE?

On the top right screen is a little cog that will open up the settings menu. Check the software and game integration for any third-party rgb software that is listed and block it if any are there.

Are you running anything like Wallpaper Engine, motherboard RGB software, or even Opera GX at the same time as iCUE?

Oh man I didn't realize other programs could effect! As it happens, "wallpaper64.exe" which I'm assuming is wallpaper engine was listed in the Active Clients area. Interestingly, OperaGX wasn't in there and I use it constantly.

I removed it from the list though and all is working as it should, thank you!

• Like 1