Corsair Community

HC200 slow....

skabaru

I have an HC200 that has been in use for over a year now (if I recall correctly) and has been pretty reliable. This was on a remote site and I didn't attend to it directly. The machine needed to be rebuilt for other reasons so I brought the machine into the shop. Currently, when I power up, the light inside the unit does not turn on and the pinwheel is spinning quite slow (checked with a flash light).

I have done nothing to the unit yet, IE opened it up, etc. I noticed there has been talk about pumps etc, but I am hesitant to say this si the same problem based on the fact it has been in use for a while and a quick scan leads me to believe the current problems are popping up within a few weeks.

Thoughts on the next step?

The problems with pumps you have been seeing posted on this forum are for the new COOL kit not the older HC200. There has never been any reported problems with the pump in the HC200. The first thing you will want to do is check the electrical connections to the PC board in the HC200. The two connectors that hook mup to the PC board are only held in place with some glue gun glue. Check to make sure they are seated properly and not loose. If they look good then next flush the HC200 system. It could be that there is a block or restriction in the system or crude has built up in the system. After flushing the HC200, refill with DISTILLED water and PG antifreeze. You want a 33% mixture (1 part coolant to 2 parts distilled water). Also look at the clear lines in the unit. How does the coolant in them look. They should be a light lime green in color with no contamination in the coolant. Also take a look in the top of the res. There should be no contamination in the bottom of the res. I would hope that whoever first put the HC200 into service on that system filled it with a distilled water and coolant mix. If they filled it with just regular tap water, or filled it without any coolant in the water, the cooling system in the HC200 will be toast. If they did not put cooland into the water when filled, the pump will be toast. Good luck!!

I have an HC200 that has been in use for over a year now (if I recall correctly) and has been pretty reliable. This was on a remote site and I didn't attend to it directly. The machine needed to be rebuilt for other reasons so I brought the machine into the shop. Currently, when I power up, the light inside the unit does not turn on and the pinwheel is spinning quite slow (checked with a flash light).

I have done nothing to the unit yet, IE opened it up, etc. I noticed there has been talk about pumps etc, but I am hesitant to say this si the same problem based on the fact it has been in use for a while and a quick scan leads me to believe the current problems are popping up within a few weeks.

Thoughts on the next step?

Hi Skabaru!

Glad that you have made the 1 year milestone with the HC200.

Two things to consider here ...

If you feel that the flow indicator is spinning slowly and the temps are showing to be slightly higher than the original setup, you'll need to flush out the old coolant and put in new coolant. Prior to doing this, swap the inlet/outlet tubes on the back of the HC200 box and run for about 10 mins. This will purge the mico-channels prior to flushing.

Also, are you noticing this slowness, due to the rebuild, from the new parts added in the computer? The HC200 needs a good power supply above 400W+. Adding more components draws more power from the PSU. Thus, the PSU and the HC200 could be just running on the last available watt of power prior to being under powered.

Stev

Archived