Corsair Community

H150i RGB Pro XT not powering on

I recently installed an H150i RGB Pro XT into my build (ASRock B450M-HDV, Ryzen 7 5800x, 1650 Super, TX550M) and when I boot my pc the pump does not light up and does not cool my CPU. I have it connected to a sata cable (and verified its working), have it plugged into my motherboard in the CHA_FAN/W_PUMP header and just nothing. Tried tweaking the BIOS, changing from DC to PWM, still, nothing. Not sure what I can do. Please help.

Only the SATA the cable matters for power. If you checked the connection and have tried a different connector or line from the PSU and still no lights or fan movement, then it’s safe to say the unit is DOA. Contact Corsair Support for a replacement or pursue your exchange options with the vendor. 

The weird thing is the fans on the radiator turn on. Only the pump and the pump's rgb are off. I assume its an issue with the sata cable but I'm not sure. Purchased this through eBay but the seller listed it as fully functional.

The fan controller, pump power, and pump 5v lighting all will have different relays.  It is possible for the pump/lighting section to fail while leaving the fan controller intact.  However, it does open a few more things you can look at. 

1) "Does not light up and cool my CPU..."   How did you determine this?  Boot into BIOS and you can see the CPU temp skipping upwards at a quick pace (50..55..60... 80..90.. shutdown)?  If so, definitely no pump power.  If the CPU temp was steady in the BIOS but moderately warm (40-55C), then it was at least moving liquid around the loop.

2) If it is not a pump fail from above (and likely CPU fan boot error if tach cable connected to CPU FAN), then see if you can get into Windows and load CUE 4.  On a second hand unit the prior owner could have set the hardware lighting for the pump to (0,0,0 black/off).  That would persist in memory until you write something over it.  

3) On rare occasions we have seen some users with funny PSUs that are missing the 3.3v rail on their SATA and this causes issues with power.  I would be pretty surprised if the Corsair TX550M was in that category, but I don't know it's pinout for sure.  You have 3 SATA cables for that PSU?  Is there anything else on the line with it like a couple of big HDDs sucking down power (or demonstrating the line works)?

Since this is an eBay buy we can try and find a solution before you exercise any return rights.  You can contact Corsair Support as well, although for warranty purposes they don't consider it covered since you are not the original owner.  You would need to specifically ask them for technical help.  BIOS settings not relevant here and the AIO can only be controlled by the CUE software.  

• Corsair Employees
22 hours ago, thehall16 said:

Purchased this through eBay but the seller listed it as fully functional.

Unfortunately it would appear the seller was less than honest with you about the functionality of the cooler. We would recommend you proceed with a return of the unit for a refund under Ebay's Buyer Protection policies. 

Also please note that Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller. Corsair guarantees that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a specified period commencing on the date of purchase. Corsair products purchased from online private sellers or internet auction sites such as eBay are not able to be guaranteed, and so are not covered by our warranty.

When you are talking about things such as AIO liquid coolers we would advise that you purchase a brand new unit from an authorized retailer to make sure you are covered by the warranty in the event of a catastrophic failure due to a manufacturing defect. If you purchase a used product and it fails in such a way that damage is caused to your system you would not be covered by the warranty and we would not be able to assist you.