Corsair Community

RGB on the DIMMs “freezes” in a fixed state

• Corsair Employees
11 hours ago, BadDisplayName said:

Hi @Corsair Mikimbin

I am having the same issue, and while I am not experiencing other issues, I DID believe that I had a defect somewhere in my hardware. Can we get an update on the issue?

Hello. What defect do you believe that you have, that a firmware update would fix it? Currently this is the latest firmware. If you are experiencing other issue, please open a support ticket, and let us know the ticket number so that it can be looked into.

Great - thanks for asking

At random intervals, the RGB lighting simply stops working correctly. The RGB on the DIMMs “freezes” in a fixed state, and error out (red exclamation mark) in iCUE. Only by restarting iCUE does the error disappear. The memory itself works correctly, meaning it never stops functioning, but the interactions with iCUE are broken, as is the lighting. 

I was previously running an X570 motherboard with DDR4 vengeance RGB modules, and they had the same issue UNTIL Corsair released updated code for iCUE. iCUE NEVER failed to tell me on previous iterations that there was an error checking and updating memory firmware

Are fixes for these issues pending?  

Um, this shows as solved, it clearly is not. 

Please re-open this post. IT IS NOT SOLVED. I really dislike when companies close tickets so their reports look good, but their customers are not being listened to. THIS IS NOT CLOSED. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, BadDisplayName said:

Um, this shows as solved, it clearly is not. 

Please re-open this post. IT IS NOT SOLVED. I really dislike when companies close tickets so their reports look good, but their customers are not being listened to. THIS IS NOT CLOSED. 

Presumably the creator of the original thread marked the response as a solution to their post. Since you have a separate issue, it's been split off.

Forum posts aren't tickets. To create a ticket as @Corsair Mikimbin suggested, please go to https://help.corsair.com and our support team will be able to better assist you. Please note the message at the top of the ticket creation page that states:

Corsair Gaming is facing a seasonal increase in support inquiries by both email and phone. The crew are working as quickly as possible to provide everyone with timely assistance, but there may be some delays in responses as we work to provide excellent service to each customer. Please do not create multiple tickets for your issue and use your original ticket number on all communication, as multiple tickets and multiple communication threads can slow down our response times. We ask for your patience during these difficult times and apologize for any inconvenience.