Corsair Community

Warrrent issure - One stick failure of Matched Pair

jstaron

• Corsair Employees

You would submit the RMA request for one Twinx set and send both modules.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I have the same problem should i follow the same course of action? however, the version print on the module has rubbed off the rest of it reads

CMXP512-3200C2 XMS3202?????

0504077-23

XMS3200 512MB 400MHZ CL2

• Corsair Employees
CMXP512-3200C2 is for an XPert module, is that what you have? And can you be more specific as to the problem. XPert modules are tested 300% on a MB before they leave our factory, so it would be really hard to have a bad module. Can you tell me the make and model of MB and CPU speed and FSB and the bios settings you have set?

hiya, the problem is that the "bad stick" is completely undetected by my system (bios or windows) the story goes.....

i installed the ram in my machine, and everything was running better than expected. then 2 days later, i switched my machine on, and the LED display on one of the sticks wasnt working. so i cheched, (right click on my computer and go properties) and it seemed that only 512mb of ram was there which i thought was very odd. so i turned my machine off and removed the good stick. the pc wouldnt start at all :( i tried the bad stick in every slot on it's own, then i tried it with the good stick in every combination i could think of. then i tried resetting my CMOS so that everything was running at stock settings for my motherboard and still nothing.

Abit nf7-s rev 2

amd 3200+ at 400mhz fsb

running at 3.3.3.7

thanks for your help.

While trying to fill in the rma request form, i noticed a few things...

I live in the UK, is that gonna be a problem?

The pair wasn't bought, they were won at a Corsair sponsored LAN event.

And what is my Ticket#/PostID#?

• Corsair Employees
The Forum Post Number: #197165 is at the top of your post. And no that will not be a problem, just please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived