Corsair Community

Failed memtest86

lmoxiel

My Memory:

DDRAM 1GB TWINX1024-4400C25PT

Retailer: newegg

Problem:

Bad modules. They both spit out errors when running memtest86 especially during tests 7 and 8. Tried increasing the voltage, even up to 3.0V and still get errors.

I need to replace these modules.

Thanks,

~= Chris =~

Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

CPU Voltage: 1.4V

CPU Core Temp: 37C

DRAM Voltage: 3.0V

When running memtest86 at the regular 2.7V, I got many errors. As I raised the Voltage little by little up to 3.0V the errors still existed but not as many.

I really do not feel comfortable increasing the voltage on my memory any more than 3.0V, and I'd be a much happier customer if I could just RMA my ram for new modules.

Thanks,

~= Chris =~

• Corsair Employees
First thing, 2.9 Volts is the max supported voltage and getting errors with both modules with the voltage set to 3.0 Volts would suggest some other failure. Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for everything?

First thing, 2.9 Volts is the max supported voltage and getting errors with both modules with the voltage set to 3.0 Volts would suggest some other failure. Can you tell me the bios settings you have set for everything?

Can you give me a list of exactly which settings you are looking for in the BIOS?

~= Chris =~

Any settings that you have changed from default, and for CPU and memory specifically.

I haven't changed anything from the defaults, no overclocking, etc. except increasing the voltage to 3.0 V as mentioned earlier. I just have these settings below

CPU Voltage: 1.4V

CPU Core Temp: 37C

DRAM Voltage: 3.0V

How do I go about RMA'ing the RAM?

~= Chris =~

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the following timings.

Dim Voltage 2.8 Volts

CAS Latency CL=2

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 10

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Then please test them with http://www.memtest.org, and I woul visit the DFI forum and get the latest beta bios.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the following timings.

Dim Voltage 2.8 Volts

CAS Latency CL=2

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 10

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Then please test them with http://www.memtest.org, and I woul visit the DFI forum and get the latest beta bios.

Okay, I've done each step described above and the RAM is still bad. Can I replace it?

~= Chris =~

Archived