Corsair Community

Requesting Tech Support/RMA Number

thelais

Greetings

A few months ago I followed the tech support process to have a pair of twinx modules replaced. The modules were faulty and reported several hundred errors after 4 passes in MEMTEST86.

Upon returning the modules to Corsair I was sent a new set of TWINX 1024-3200XLPRO. Imediately upon receipt I installed the modules and ran MEMTEST86 again and no errors were reported.

Over the last week I have noticed file errors and the occasional blue screen from a missing file, since this was very similar to the problems I had in the past I downloaded MEMTEST86 again and ran it on the modules in a variety of patterns. While one stick came back clean, the other stick reported a small number of errors in several different setups.

My current setup is as follows:

PROCESSOR: Intel P4 3.2GHZ 800MHZ FSB 512K L2 CACHE

MB: ABIT IC7-MAX3

VIDEO: NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5950 ULTRA

RAM: TWINX1024-3200XLPRO

HD: 1 WD CAVIAR 80GB 7200RPM SATA

2 WD RAPTOR 36.6 10000RPM SATA RAID0

I ran MEMTEST86 on both modules for 10 passes individually, with both modules in slots one and three in the mother board, and reversed in one and three.

Individually the first module passed fine, no errors after 10 passes. The second module, however, reported 88 errors after 10 passes. While the errors did not repeat in any dedicated pattern most were limited to the last 112 MB of the module.

When ran as a pair a similar number of errors were reported.

I am somewhat concerned that these errors would develop over time, especially because there have been no hardware changes to the computer since the last memory swap. The system is running behind a surge protector, and after using a copy of UBCD to test the rest of the system, no errors were reported. (MEMTEST86 was downloaded from http://www.memtest.org and run off of a seperate floppy, not from UBCD)

Any advice or reply would be greatly appreceated.

Steven Evans

The Bios is running in standard mode,

The CPU is set to default, no overclocking or user adjustments have been made, ever.

The Memory is running at the recomended 2 2 2 5 and 2.75 V settings from corsair's home page.

None of the bios game enchancement settings have been activated.

So, other than the ram, nothing has been manually adjusted. Everything else autodetects to the recomended settings.

Archived