Corsair Community

Bad RAM Module

My processor is a AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ and my motherboard is a ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe. I have 3 sticks of Corsair XMS 3200C2; 2 are 256 and 1 is 512. My 256 sticks of Corsair run perfectly, but my 512 stick had 89 errors when I ran the test through just one time! I ran Memtest86 individually with each RAM stick and the only one with problems was the 512 stick. I received this stick for Christmas and it's given me problems since that day I first put it in. I believe it's just a bad stick. I want a repacement :laughing:

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the memory Frequency at 100% as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem, and I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

Archived