Corsair Community

Motherboard upgrade question...

horton30

I current have an Asus K8v SE Deluxe, but am selling it to a friend and I am getting a DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb. I currently have Corsair XMS TWINX1024-3200LL. I think this is unbuffered Dual Channel Right??? I was thinking about upgrading to some more memory for this motherboard. It has 3 slots I think so that leaves room for one more stick. Can I put a Gig stick in this so i have two 512 sticks and I gig stick or is that a bad idea? Or should I just git another 512 stick? Also I have been having trouble looking finding this same memory....like CMX512-3200LL. But i have found like XL and other things. Can you mix and match? Thanks!

Yep, that's unbuffered, unregistered, non-ecc memory. It's never recommended to mix modules of different manufacturers / part #s / revisions.

Ok well I am definately going to get more Corsair, but am I able to put 2 512 sticks and a 1 gig stick? Or should I just got with 3 512? And do i have to get the same part number (i.e. CMX512-3200LL) or can i get XL or something? Because I can't seem to find this memory which i bought last march.

Archived