Corsair Community

Lost Dominator RAM and Aura sync from ICue

t1971

I was trouble free with ICue for a long time. Started having crashes and uninstalled reinstalled many times, before narrowing it down to wallpaper engine. So ive removed that for now, but i cant get my RAM to show now in ICue, nor Asus board and GPU.

Armoury crate is up to date. ICue is up to date. Cant think of anything else to cause this. Any ideas?

EDIT: removed Armoury Crate and still RAM isnt showing up?
Edited by t1971

Armoury crate reinstall followed by yet another icue install and i have aura sync back. RAM still not showing

Hi, 

I have the same issue. I saw in a youtube video that you remove everything first. Then install ICUE (he said the legacy version) then the ICUE aura plugin, then Armoury.

However, for me that didn't work. 😞

In the video he said to set the memory to software controlled, however I can't find that option in the software.

Edited by Cras

2 hours ago, Cras said:

saw in a youtube video that you remove everything first. Then install ICUE (he said the legacy version) then the ICUE aura plugin, then Armoury.

Check the date on the video. That’s very old information from when Aura integration was in its beta form. No one should be installing the standalone aura plugin. Very few users should be on CUE 3. 

Unfortunately that does not solve either issue, but that is not the right direction to go. 

Well i tired of removing and reinstalling AC and ICue. So i did a full wipe and reinstalled windows, Then AC then ICue. Everything was back. For a while. Then Aura Sync and RAM went on me again. I downgraded my BIOS (updated a month or so ago) and that made no difference. Today Aura sync is back but my RAM isnt.  that's without me doing anything. Its got to be between AC and ICue but ive spent a week trouble shooting this and have given up. Just hope an update to one of them fixes it.

Edited by t1971

• Corsair Employee

If you are attempting to run both iCUE and Armoury Crate at the same time that is going to be the underlying cause of your issues. If you wish to retain control of those devices through iCUE you will not be able to actively run Armoury Crate at the same time as iCUE. Amoury Crate will need to be installed but you should not need to launch it.

8 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

If you are attempting to run both iCUE and Armoury Crate at the same time that is going to be the underlying cause of your issues. If you wish to retain control of those devices through iCUE you will not be able to actively run Armoury Crate at the same time as iCUE. Amoury Crate will need to be installed but you should not need to launch it.

Yeah ive been using ASUS and Corsair products for a couple of years. Seen problems with RAM freezing before etc but not completely disappeared even after reinstalls etc. I dont actually use armoury crate other than to set shutdown effects on mb, and then add devices to aura sync. Then its never opened. Worked great until a week or so back.

ICue still freezing on wake from sleep for me too

Removed Ac and ICue. Registry clean. Remove all Appdata folders left behind. Reinstall ICue and still no RAM showing. Really annoying this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a fun few weeks ive had with this. Multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, multiple windows resets and BIOS downgrades. i cannot fix this issue.

I have a fresh Windows install with AC updated and settings set. then i install ICue. Everything works but when windows 11 goes to sleep, Aura sync has broke on wake and my RAM disappears from ICue. This has happened at least 10 times. Uninstalling AC and reinstalling ICue still doesnt fix the RAM. Only a fresh windows reset brings them back, until it goes to sleep.

At the minute i have ICue closed and the PC in black as Aura sync being borked and RAM not showing PC looks awful.

Really dont fancy going back to try Win 10. Like i said at the start ive been using ICue and AC problem free for a year or two. Just now i cant get rid of this issue.

Edited by t1971

Aaand another windows reset. install nothing but drivers and ICue. Works ok for 24 hours, added nanoleaf shapes and the RAM has gone from ICue. So not Armoury Crate to blame as it was looking. Strangely last time i didnt add the shapes and it still lost the RAM, and that time  i suspected windows sleep. But thats not it either. ARGH! 

I have iCUE and AC on two different systems with ASUS motherboards. What I have found is I must run AC first, select and sync the ASUS devices, then edit the AC profile to sync with iCUE. Then go to iCue and set lighting controls. One of my systems has Corsair vengeance RAM, which shows up in iCUE, the other system has GSkill RAM, which does not show up in iCUE. I have to use GSkill's lighting app to control the lights on that RAM. Generally, I only use AC to get the MB to show up in iCUE, once I see the MB in iCUE I don't run AC. Since your RAM is Corsair it should show up in iCUE. If you don't see the MB in iCUE you may not see the RAM either. Do the LED's on the RAM light up, but you just can't change or control them? Perhaps the LED's have become disconnected.

On 2/19/2023 at 4:51 AM, LJHCPA said:

I have iCUE and AC on two different systems with ASUS motherboards. What I have found is I must run AC first, select and sync the ASUS devices, then edit the AC profile to sync with iCUE. Then go to iCue and set lighting controls. One of my systems has Corsair vengeance RAM, which shows up in iCUE, the other system has GSkill RAM, which does not show up in iCUE. I have to use GSkill's lighting app to control the lights on that RAM. Generally, I only use AC to get the MB to show up in iCUE, once I see the MB in iCUE I don't run AC. Since your RAM is Corsair it should show up in iCUE. If you don't see the MB in iCUE you may not see the RAM either. Do the LED's on the RAM light up, but you just can't change or control them? Perhaps the LED's have become disconnected.

Its not AC. Even if i dont install AC, ICue is still crashing when waking from windows sleep

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this.  My Dominator ram would not sync with  iCUE until I shut down ICUE then went in Armory Crate (terrible program btw) and set aura sync, then reopened iCUE and the ram was in sync on iCUE.