Corsair Community

DFI nf4 SLI-DR with TwinX XMS3200R. No POST

Corathius

First time poster, hope I can get some advice on a problem I am experiencing.

I have just put together a new system from scratch. The problem is I get no post once i power on the computer.

After reading the DFI nf4 SLI-DR motherboard manual. It seems that the diagnostic LEDS are indicating that the mobo is not detecting my RAM. I have 2x1Gb matched pairs of TwinX XMS3200R DDR400 sticks. I had them in both yellow slots(1 and 3) first, no luck. I then proceeded to swap with every combination possible. I still cant get it to post.

After reading a fair few posts Ive noticed that there might be an issue with DFI boards and Corsair memory. Is this correct? I thought the memory was stuffed so I tested out both sticks in my friends MSI NEO and it gave me constant beeps from the post with both sticks in multiple combinations. Could it be i have dead RAM? The only other thing I can think of is my power supply. It was just a generic 450W. I have a 680W Thermaltake arriving tommorrow. Heres hoping it will solve my problems.

ANy help would be much appreciated. :)

The joys of being a total noob with current technology :(

Unfortunately I didnt know what registered memory meant. You wouldnt believe it, but 2 minutes after i posted I found out I had the wrong stuff. I didnt know about the memory configurator until after I found out I had a problem. Next time I will use it extensively.

Can you suggest a course of action? I take it this type of memory I have is totally incompatible with my board? Should I try my luck and see if the retailers will swap it?

The joys of being a total noob with current technology :(

Unfortunately I didnt know what registered memory meant. You wouldnt believe it, but 2 minutes after i posted I found out I had the wrong stuff. I didnt know about the memory configurator until after I found out I had a problem. Next time I will use it extensively.

Can you suggest a course of action? I take it this type of memory I have is totally incompatible with my board? Should I try my luck and see if the retailers will swap it?

Talk to the retailer, if failed talk to Ram Guy.

If you're not using SLI, better switch to DFI nF4-DAGF. I've installed 5 pcs of this mb for my friends, and none of them incompatible with Corsair XMS/VS.

DFI + TwinX1024-3200XLPROv1.2

DFI + Corsair TwinX1024-3200XLPTv1.2

Ok, Ill try my luck with the retailer. Dont know if the RAM GUY can help me. WOuld they support someone from Australia?

"If you're not using SLI, better switch to DFI nF4-DAGF." Sorry, but Im not too sure what you meant by this.

I appreciate all the advice anyway. Thank you :)

Ok, Ill try my luck with the retailer. Dont know if the RAM GUY can help me. WOuld they support someone from Australia?

"If you're not using SLI, better switch to DFI nF4-DAGF." Sorry, but Im not too sure what you meant by this.

I appreciate all the advice anyway. Thank you :)

I meant if you aren't using 2 vga's, you better use other type of DFI mb (nF4-DAGF), cause it's much cheaper and I didn't found incompatibility between this type of mb and Corsair XMS/VS.

Ram Guy is from Corsair's tech support. He can't do anything about the situation. Contact Corsair's Customer Care tomorrow (1-888-222-4346) and they MAY be able to help you. Definitely try your retailer first though. Also, Corsair has a worldwide warranty, so location is irrelevant :)

Archived